Author Topic: Microsoft Origami  (Read 8256 times)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Origami
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2006, 01:26:41 am »
Also, it's 8"x4"x1.5".  That's a little bit big for fitting in a pocket, isn't it?  I don't know what kind of pockets you have, but it's sure bigger than mine.
He's a thug, his pants sag down to his knees, he'll have pockets the size of cereal boxes.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2006, 08:40:49 am »
Warrior, yet again, you amaze me with your ability to totally miss the point.  Congratulations.  Can you please just give up posting here? Your absolutely denseness is starting to annoy the hell out of me, and I don't think anybody here is being fooled.  I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you're making yourself look like a jackass. 

I could care less what you think of me, you are insignificant. Just because I don't follow your stupid gang of people who use
an obviously inferior product (I've yet to see a good counter to this) you get mad. There are going to be a lot of people that
don't think like you or like the other OSS idiots, it's called people with brains.

No I had read up on Origami before, that article was information I had seen elsewhere already. Just because you're late at reading articles don't assume everyone else is. Give me a break. This is you on your usual senslessly bash microsoft trips.

The target audience is obviously people looking for a portable solution yet are willing to give up some quality for ease of use. I wouldn't call a laptop exactly "pocket portable" and it will probably be cheaper than a PDA. It's an affordable solution.
You had read about the product, but I was talking about a particular issue with the product.  That is, its uselessness.  The articles I posted are important for the context.  Since you totally and blatantly missed the context on your first reply, it's more than obvious that you, indeed, did NOT understand it. 

Also, WTF do you mean cheaper than a PDA?  Are you on crack?  Origami's pricerange is $500 - $1000.  According to a search on Best Buy's website, the average cost of a PDA is $50.  Are you seriously saying that they're going to sell it for under $50? 

Also, it's 8"x4"x1.5".  That's a little bit big for fitting in a pocket, isn't it?  I don't know what kind of pockets you have, but it's sure bigger than mine. 

The "issues" you have with it are invalid in the following ways:

I'd pay a hell of a lot more money for something like Origami as opposed to a PDA.
Let's analyze what I meant when I said an affordable solution as opposed to the PDA.
If you take the PDAs price and it's features and compare it to the Origami's price and features you
start to see what I mean. You get what you pay for as I've said numberous times.

Now about the pocket issue: Obviously by "Pocket Size" I meant portable, probably was misused but it's misused often by everyone. I don't see a PDA fitting nicely into someone's pocket either (Except maybe mine because deadly is right, I do wear baggy pants -- excuse me for not dressing like a bitch)

Face it: I have different views than you, I always will. I look more than one day ahead and I like companies that take huge leaps into evolutuon not ones that sit around in the same rut they were in when it it was started. Sorry only productive distros I see out are Linspire, Redhat, and Ubuntu. The rest are just thrown into a pit of useless distros that offer mostly the same bull only packaged with a different logo. I'll never change my views on Microsoft and Windows, no one is going to change that so you can say all the names you want just know that other people other than you read this. It's pretty funny if you go back and read it really, you guys get frustrated and I sit back and laugh it all. Oh well that's a Windows user vs a Linux user for ya.

Get it straight.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2006, 11:05:31 am »
I could care less what you think of me, you are insignificant. Just because I don't follow your stupid gang of people who use
an obviously inferior product (I've yet to see a good counter to this) you get mad. There are going to be a lot of people that
don't think like you or like the other OSS idiots, it's called people with brains.
There are very few instances recently where I've argued in favor of Linux or whatever.  The point I've been trying to make recently is that Microsoft is full of shit, not that Linux or others are better.  Of course, you're too blinded to realize that.  I think that's pretty much been proven, and everybody here except you realizes that.  Sorry to be the one to tell you.

I'd pay a hell of a lot more money for something like Origami as opposed to a PDA.
Let's analyze what I meant when I said an affordable solution as opposed to the PDA.
If you take the PDAs price and it's features and compare it to the Origami's price and features you
start to see what I mean. You get what you pay for as I've said numberous times.
You keep saying that, but that doesn't make it true.  What exactly do you "get"?  You get something that is way more expensive than a PDA, bigger than a Newton, less powerful than a laptop, and less storage than an iPod.  And it's more expensive than all of those except for a laptop.  So I don't really see any useful features, which is why I posted this thread.  Of course, instead of actually answering my question, you get offended and pissy that I'm trying to put down Microsoft.  I have news for you: I wasn't in this thread.  I was trying to figure out what they were doing.

Now about the pocket issue: Obviously by "Pocket Size" I meant portable, probably was misused but it's misused often by everyone. I don't see a PDA fitting nicely into someone's pocket either (Except maybe mine because deadly is right, I do wear baggy pants -- excuse me for not dressing like a bitch)
Ah, so "pocket size" is just Microsoft misusing a word to make what they have sound better.  That's nothing new. 

=
Face it: I have different views than you, I always will. I look more than one day ahead and I like companies that take huge leaps into evolutuon not ones that sit around in the same rut they were in when it it was started. Sorry only productive distros I see out are Linspire, Redhat, and Ubuntu. The rest are just thrown into a pit of useless distros that offer mostly the same bull only packaged with a different logo. I'll never change my views on Microsoft and Windows, no one is going to change that so you can say all the names you want just know that other people other than you read this. It's pretty funny if you go back and read it really, you guys get frustrated and I sit back and laugh it all. Oh well that's a Windows user vs a Linux user for ya.
None of that is relevant in the least bit.  It's good to know that you're totally opposed to change, though.  But just so we're clear, we aren't frustrated that you're making these awesome statements that are throwing us to hell, we're frustrated because you're so absolutely blind to glaring problems that it's impossible to have a conversation with you.