Author Topic: I'm Liking Opera  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
I'm Liking Opera
« on: March 10, 2006, 02:21:57 am »
I mentioned in the Firefox topic posted earlier this week that I was going to give Opera a try.  Last night, I downloaded it, installed it and I'm now using it.

I must say, it's a very nice browser.  For those of you who have never used it, here's a screenshot: http://www.sidoh.org/~sidoh/opera.jpg

I really like the RSS integration.  I never tried to do anyting like it with Firefox, but I'm sure its possible.  I was keeping up with the forums the whole day with the RSS feed!  It's a really nice way to do it. :)

There are a lot of neat features you can enable that I thought were pretty neat/innovative.  The "mouse jestures" lets you perform certain actions by moving your mouse a certain direction while the right mouse button is held down.

I really miss the google toolbar, but most of the features it offers are available in Opera.  The spellchecker, I thought, was much better with Google Toolbar, but Opera's works just as well; it just takes a bit more effort.

Anyway, if you haven't already, you should give it a try!

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: I'm Liking Opera
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 03:15:39 am »
LOL, I thought this was "I'm liking Oprah."  OOPS.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 09:20:08 am »
I really like the RSS integration.  I never tried to do anyting like it with Firefox, but I'm sure its possible.  I was keeping up with the forums the whole day with the RSS feed!  It's a really nice way to do it. :)
Firefox definitely does that :P

There are a lot of neat features you can enable that I thought were pretty neat/innovative.  The "mouse jestures" lets you perform certain actions by moving your mouse a certain direction while the right mouse button is held down.
I actually like the Firefox plugin[/urll] for gestures better than Opera's.

I really miss the google toolbar, but most of the features it offers are available in Opera.  The spellchecker, I thought, was much better with Google Toolbar, but Opera's works just as well; it just takes a bit more effort.
Cool. 

I don't mind Opera, and I use it occasionally.  I like Firefox better, still.  Plus, I have more respect for Firefox, being opensource :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 10:11:56 am »
After having had used Firefox for a few months, I can definitely say I like Opera more at the moment.

While I do have great amounts of respect for open source project, I won't use a product over another simply because it's open source.  If the alternative is free, it doesn't even come into consideration.