Author Topic: Weird problem...  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Weird problem...
« on: March 20, 2006, 01:36:08 am »
One one of my computer, when it's booted no splash screen comes up with all that POST stuff, however, things do appear when XP is loaded. The problem is we need to edit things in the BIOS, and well, that screen doesn't appear :(.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Weird problem...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 01:38:33 am »
One one of my computer, when it's booted no splash screen comes up with all that POST stuff, however, things do appear when XP is loaded. The problem is we need to edit things in the BIOS, and well, that screen doesn't appear :(.

Try another monitor.  If that doesn't work, try another video card.  My guess is one of them doesn't support VGA. (I'm not sure if that's the correct termonology; you'll have to excuse me if it's not -- I think it is ;)).

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 01:38:54 am »
Nothing is showed, as in the monitor is unreconized or just blank?

Try hitting F2 or Delete on boot.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 01:46:41 am »
It's just blank. Hitting F2 or Delete ... well I can't tell what it does because uhh.. nothing shows up. My dad claims he tried a different video card... a PCI one rather than an AGP one. :\ I'll try unplugging one of the monitors tomorrow (it uses two).
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 01:53:13 am »
It's just blank. Hitting F2 or Delete ... well I can't tell what it does because uhh.. nothing shows up. My dad claims he tried a different video card... a PCI one rather than an AGP one. :\ I'll try unplugging one of the monitors tomorrow (it uses two).

If the monitor is fairly new, this probably isn't the case.  Obviously, though, it's worth a shot.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 02:30:24 am »
Yea, it's worked fine for a long time, and this suddenly occured with no changes to the hardware.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 02:50:42 am »
Yea, it's worked fine for a long time, and this suddenly occured with no changes to the hardware.

This probably doesn't sound like a very practical solution, but it's solved stranger problems for me in the past.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS?

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 03:01:08 am »
My dad says yes. That's why all his settings are fuxxed. So now, he really needs to get the screen to display :P.

Offline Nate

• You all suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 06:24:40 pm »
Is it a Black Screen with a blinking cursor that then goes to the Win XP loading screen?

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 06:46:38 pm »
Uhh... It's a blank screen, the little monitor light is yellow.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 08:24:21 pm »
Uhh... It's a blank screen, the little monitor light is yellow.

Did you try the other monitor, Ergot?  I'm pretty sure I've seen BIOS that have options to enable/disable VGA mode.