Author Topic: Fun at the battlegrounds!  (Read 8391 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Fun at the battlegrounds!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 04:49:14 pm »
Rank 14 is Grand Marshal/High Warlord, not 11.

Right, but if GM gear can't compare to PvE gear, how can gear from rank 11 compare?

And notice how I said Lobo and Glacial are the best daggers you can get without _PVE_.

I said PvP wasn't worth the time because you can to better in less time with PvE.  I don't really care how good PvP gear is when it's isolated, non-compared to better PvE gear.  I know it's good.  It's just not worth the effort unless you hate PvE and love PvP.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 07:12:38 pm »
Rank 14 is Grand Marshal/High Warlord, not 11.

Right, but if GM gear can't compare to PvE gear, how can gear from rank 11 compare?

And notice how I said Lobo and Glacial are the best daggers you can get without _PVE_.

I said PvP wasn't worth the time because you can to better in less time with PvE.  I don't really care how good PvP gear is when it's isolated, non-compared to better PvE gear.  I know it's good.  It's just not worth the effort unless you hate PvE and love PvP.
Or are unable to have a guild that pve's.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 09:18:23 pm »
If your alliance, 60, and can't find a MC guild, you need to try harder.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 10:07:31 pm »
If your alliance, 60, and can't find a MC guild, you need to try harder.

Well you at least have to have 50+ FR gear.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 10:31:39 pm »
I got into an MC guild with 0 fr gear.  I now have 140fr, comforatably.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 10:56:14 pm »
Well you at least have to have 50+ FR gear.

That is a huge variant from raid to raid.  In most cases, the rest of the raid is decked out enough to compensate for a complete lack in Fire Resistance of a few players.  I started my raid with 5 FR (which was from a shoulder enchant).

I got into an MC guild with 0 fr gear.  I now have 140fr, comforatably.

Haha, I have 112 with my "FR gear" on, which is simply a switch of a cloak and a necklace.  That is, of course, a passive effort.  I don't give a rat's ass about Fire Resistance when it's compared to intellect and spirit (396 int and 332 spirit unbuffed).

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 02:28:17 am »
Being an enchanter myself, I doubt I'll have much problem getting FR in the end game. I have 0 right now, but I also have no need for it.

Back to what we were talking about earlier, I hate WSG. Horde on our server NEVER wins. For some reason they're all too idiotic to realize you're supposed to make a raid group. =(. I'd rather do AB, which I haven't done for my entire horde carreer.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 03:10:55 am »
Being an enchanter myself, I doubt I'll have much problem getting FR in the end game. I have 0 right now, but I also have no need for it.

The most Fire Resistance (and this includes enchants that'll take you much longer than you're anticipating) you can get from Enchanting is ~50 or so.  Most Fire Resistance comes from bonuses on items.

Back to what we were talking about earlier, I hate WSG. Horde on our server NEVER wins. For some reason they're all too idiotic to realize you're supposed to make a raid group. =(. I'd rather do AB, which I haven't done for my entire horde carreer.

Maybe they're just as noobish at AB?  I'd guess moreso, since most people do WSG because they like the strategical challenge (or free HK's, depending on your opinion of humanity).

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 09:05:15 am »
Sidoh, on my server 3 guilds have done MC, one of them has died, and the other two are full. Just because your server has massive numbers of 60's, doesn't mean everyone has the same capabilities. Most people who pvp all the time throughout the game are either unable to have good, serious pve, or have another character that is their pve toon.

As for FR gear, if you think about it, the only thing requiring it is rogue's and warrior's. So it isn't an issue if you, or Blaze has 0, due to you should never be getting touched.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006, 07:45:20 pm »
Sidoh, on my server 3 guilds have done MC, one of them has died, and the other two are full. Just because your server has massive numbers of 60's, doesn't mean everyone has the same capabilities. Most people who pvp all the time throughout the game are either unable to have good, serious pve, or have another character that is their pve toon.

It's not my fault you play on a nooblet server.

As for FR gear, if you think about it, the only thing requiring it is rogue's and warrior's. So it isn't an issue if you, or Blaze has 0, due to you should never be getting touched.

You've obviously never been to MC, screenor.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2006, 10:02:57 pm »
There is one nice thing about WSG. When you have a group of people who aren't entirely stupid (which isn't often), and aren't against a smart group of alliance (who know how to zerg), you can all-out defend the base and pour in the HK's.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2006, 10:04:39 pm »
There is one nice thing about WSG. When you have a group of people who aren't entirely stupid (which isn't often), and aren't against a smart group of alliance (who know how to zerg), you can all-out defend the base and pour in the HK's.

I group with someone who's a competant leader (which almost always means a competant group) 1/3rd of the WSG PUG's I do.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2006, 05:14:35 pm »

It's not my fault you play on a nooblet server.

You've obviously never been to MC, screenor.

Or you and your casters don't know that you're supposed to stand away from the main target, and not right next to it. When I ran MC our priests didn't require FR at all, because they stood in the back and healed.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2006, 05:23:05 pm »
Sucks when Magmadar and Gehennas do AoE fire then?  Magmadar not so much, though.

Anybody with low FR will totally get owned at Rag.  :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2006, 05:28:31 pm »
Not to mention half of the trash mobs have AoE fire...