Author Topic: Letter to an obnoxious man  (Read 2319 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Letter to an obnoxious man
« on: March 20, 2006, 12:10:10 am »
So this guy, Paul Weinbaum, has been suing our city and school system because we use 3 crosses on emblems.
Our city is named Las Cruces (the crosses).
Most of the people in our city like the emblem & don't care for Weinbaum's lawsuits, I am one of those person's that like the emblem.

I've written a letter/email to him, would y'all be so kind as to proof read/make suggestions on it?  Thanks in advance

In regards to law suit you have filed concerning our city emblem, why continue this?  Do you believe it is possible to remove all religious symbols and names from our government agencies?

I agree with what the Sun-News has found to be the majority opinion of Las Crucens, the crosses ought to stay.  Your cause is taking money away from more important matters.  I'm sure we'd all rather have potholes fixed, streets a little cleaner, and other things like that.  I agree, the crosses are a religious symbol, but I do not see Las Cruces as a city sponsoring Christianity.  Can you honestly tell me that Las Cruces, as a whole community, would be better off with out 3 simple crosses on our logo?  If you believe so, please answer me this, ought we change the names of Los Angeles, San Jose, San Francisco, and even New Mexico?  As I read Mexico is named after Mexitli, the Aztec God of War, that could make people think we are the new followers of this Aztec God, should we be instilling the Aztec religion into our society?

editted to add new letter & remove old so people just see the new
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 10:00:31 am by CrAz3D »

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Letter to an obnoxious man
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 12:13:57 am »
That guy's stupid, if your citys motto was "In god we trust" or something like that I wouldn't like it, but just because of crosses?  :-\

Nice flame letter.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 12:19:45 am »
That guy's stupid, if your citys motto was "In god we trust" or something like that I wouldn't like it, but just because of crosses?  :-\

I can see where you're coming from, and as long as you wouldn't make a big deal about it, I don't think it would matter at all.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 12:57:59 am »
hmm, I rewrote my letter to come across less obnoxious (as my dad pointed out), oops?

In regards to law suit you have filed concerning our city emblem, why continue this?  Do you believe it is possible to remove all religious symbols and names from our government agencies?

I agree with what the Sun-News has found to be the majority opinion of Las Crucens, the crosses ought to stay.  Your cause is taking money away from more important matters.  I'm sure we'd all rather have potholes fixed, streets a little cleaner, and other things like that.  I agree, the crosses are a religious symbol, but I do not see Las Cruces as a city sponsoring Christianity.  Can you honestly tell me that Las Cruces, as a whole community, would be better off with out 3 simple crosses on our logo?  If you believe so, please answer me this, ought we change the names of Los Angeles, San Jose, San Francisco, and even New Mexico?  As I read Mexico is named after Mexitli, the Aztec God of War, that could make people think we are the new followers of this Aztec God, should we be instilling the Aztec religion into our society?

I like my point about renaming LA & even New Mexico, I think it makes a good impact

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 07:54:19 am »
Clean up a park in the city, pick up trash, read to kids at the library, get kids involved at the library, being involved in pointless lawsuits helps no one.

Clean up the park in the city, pick up trash, read to kids at the library, or get kids involved at the library, instead of being involved in pointless lawsuits which help noone.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 10:01:02 am »
Clean up a park in the city, pick up trash, read to kids at the library, get kids involved at the library, being involved in pointless lawsuits helps no one.

Clean up the park in the city, pick up trash, read to kids at the library, or get kids involved at the library, instead of being involved in pointless lawsuits which help noone.
I rewrote letter & forgot to ediit original post in this thread, please go read that one & comment.  thanks

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 03:50:08 pm »
As I read Mexico is named after Mexitli, the Aztec God of War, that could make people think we are the new followers of this Aztec God, should we be instilling the Aztec religion into our society?

Nice. I be pissed if I opened that and read it. <3
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.