Author Topic: Vista not 'People Ready'  (Read 1664 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Vista not 'People Ready'
« on: March 24, 2006, 09:48:22 am »
http://www.forbes.com/technology/2006/03/22/vista-microsoft-ballmer_cz_dl_0322microsoft.html

The guy who wrote this seems needlessly mean about it, but maybe what he says is true.  In any case, I found it amusing.  I recommend reading the whole thing, I rather enjoyed it.

I especially like how, at Microsoft's press conference, they had Tommy Hilfiger on stage reading a pre-written speech full of marketspeek like, "When you combine people and technology, you have a very powerful combination."  To quote a response from /., "He's an fucking fashion designer! What the fuck would he know about computer software?!?! "

Anyway, fun article, but take it with a grain of salt. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 09:50:50 am by iago »

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
Re: Vista not 'People Ready'
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 10:23:57 am »
I don't have time to read at school but I'll agree it isn't "People Ready" but cmon, it still has most of this year left of dev time. April CTP should becoming out soon as well.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 10:47:47 am »
He was referring more to the core choices than to the small things, I think.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 03:41:45 pm »
I read it and he seems to point out nothing even close to relevant. The best thing he had was the complexity of it's applications and that's hardly a core component. If you havn't (or he hasn't) Vista has restructured most of it's team (see: http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1941940,00.asp)

I still think they have about a year to fix all the "horrible errors" he seems to point out.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling