Author Topic: Elder Scrolls IV  (Read 14662 times)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls IV
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2006, 01:46:16 am »
This game is simply amazing. No other words describe it.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 09:57:16 pm »
I absolutely hated Morrowind. It got boring as hell after 30 minutes or so.

I've been playing this on an XBox 360 (yay now I have to buy one when I return) and I've played it for a total of 9 hours or so over the last 2 days.

Level 6 barbarian and a level 1 Dragonslayer (yay for Slayer's old name!) (it's a mage assassin, essentially. it's a badass) so far. :)

GET THIS GAME. NOW!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 06:08:40 pm »
Update: level 10 barbarian / level 2 mageblade (I remade him and took suggestions from a strategy guide I found, and took their name!)

10 hours so far on the level 10, and like, 40 minutes on the level 2.

The level 10 is grand champion of the arena, is a silencer on the Dark Brotherhood, a journeyman on the fighter's guild, and starting ranks for the Blades/Mage Guild.

Someone wanna point me to the Thieves Guild? I'm gonna complete that after I complete the Dark Brotherhood quests.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 08:11:32 pm »
Someone wanna point me to the Thieves Guild? I'm gonna complete that after I complete the Dark Brotherhood quests.

From what I hear, just talk to someone with good reputation after you see a wanted poster for the Gray Fox.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 09:10:46 pm »
Blah! I beat the Dark Brotherhood. All I have to say is what a plot twisting mania that was. So much more fun than the Arena was. :)

Now onto the Thieves Guild! Thanks Myndy. I'll have it beat by tomorrow evening at the latest. I *did* start the Brotherhood last night and I have it beat by today afternoon... ;)

On a side note, where the fuck do I get ectoplasm? ("Drunk and Disorderly" quest requires 5 bushels of it.... and it's beginning to make me sad that I can't find it anyfuckingwhere.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 09:15:40 pm by Newby »
- Newby

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 09:26:19 pm »
This game is absolutely horrid. If you want to spend the rest of your life playing a horribly addicting yet wonderful game, get this game. Otherwise, enjoy not knowing the life inside of Oblivian!
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 09:43:10 pm »
Absolutely horrid? Yet you say it's good? Blasphemy!

I'm taking a break, and my brother is playing. All of the "thief" classes he has made have sucked the fat one. :P
- Newby

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 11:58:02 pm »

I'm taking a break, and my brother is playing. All of the "thief" classes he has made have sucked the fat one. :P
I'm trying to think of how I made mine.  I'm a wood elf, specc'd:
Skills:
Blade
Athletics
Security
Sneak
Marksman
Mercantile
Speechcraft

I think I took agility and personality as my primary attributes, and was born under the sign of the Thief, gaining more agility and speed.

Thus far I'm a really good melee combat class as well as a relatively good ranged combatant (Sneak gives me 3x damage bonus on ranged and 6x on melee at level 2).

Where is there a sign for Gray Fox, Newby?  I need to find one so I can talk to a fence.  I stole 3 bottles of some kind of brandy worth 79gp a piece, and I want to dump them off before a guard takes me down.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 12:09:04 am »
Like I said, good games suck. They take away your life.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 02:13:22 pm »
There are posters of the Grey Fox all over the Imperial District.

My specs: acrobatics, athletics, blade, destruction, illusion, light armor, sneak

My primary attributes: speed, willpower (focus on stealth)

The thing is a machine. :)

My barbarian = pre-built barb. I wish I did this character custom, it would be so much better than it is now. It's master of fighter's guild btw. :)
- Newby

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 07:11:40 pm »
There are posters of the Grey Fox all over the Imperial District.

Ahh yeah I figured it out.  I got invitations to join both the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood at the same time.  :D

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 10:10:46 am »
Ectoplasm is dropped from ghouls / ghosts

Yea the thieves guild is basically a few things, you can pick enough locks, talk to a bunch of peasants (remember to persuade/tip them it helps a lot)

Level 14 hybrid mage/assassin, I'm about 55% through the main quest line for the heir on a side note i havn't done a lot with the thieves / dark brotherhood. Thieves is really easy the only pain is finding a fence from time to time.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2006, 11:55:04 am »
Level 14 barbarian / level 2 mageblade!

"Master Thief" in Thieves Guild. About 1500 gold fenced. :)
- Newby

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2006, 02:29:20 am »
I pick pocketed a couple displays in IC and a few guards, its intense when you have to run around before you can pay your wanted fines.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2006, 02:39:23 pm »
I have upwards of 3K fenced and the Grey Fox won't fucking contact me for his third mission.
- Newby