Author Topic: Immigration Protest.  (Read 12602 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Immigration Protest.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 08:55:09 pm »
Our economy will go strait to hell if the bills pass.  End of input.
Why?   

I would think that it would cause something like adaptive radiation.  Once they are gone we can get some of the American Bums off their asses and start working.  Make some other law that forces them to work.

But I don't really know much about this part of the topic, so please explain as to why you think that.
Americans won't do those jobs for any pay.  Farms hire illegals and migrant workers to do the jobs because they work for very little and work hard.  Americans would rather collect welfare (which they do) than do the menial jobs.  If the illegals and migrant workers were "removed" from the workforce, many businesses would not be able to afford to keep running.

Since the migrants work for about $2/hour (around here, at least), prices stay low.  If businesses had to start paying minimum wage ($5.15 IIRC), prices would more than double.  Additionally, most of these jobs would have to have VERY high wages to entice Americans to do the work, which would send prices through the roof.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 09:06:26 pm »
Americans won't do those jobs for any pay.  Farms hire illegals and migrant workers to do the jobs because they work for very little and work hard.  Americans would rather collect welfare (which they do) than do the menial jobs.  If the illegals and migrant workers were "removed" from the workforce, many businesses would not be able to afford to keep running.

Since the migrants work for about $2/hour (around here, at least), prices stay low.  If businesses had to start paying minimum wage ($5.15 IIRC), prices would more than double.  Additionally, most of these jobs would have to have VERY high wages to entice Americans to do the work, which would send prices through the roof.

I think you're guessing at that.  I know for sure that many of the guys we hire to do construction work, for instance, work for well over minimum wage.  And I'm pretty sure an American would jump at the chance to do even menial work for, say, $15 an hour.

Plus, you're assuming that the only cost of goods would be labor.  There's profit made by the owners of the means of production - profits cut will keep prices down.  Do you *really* think that $3 item at Wal-Mart costs $2.89 to make?  More like $0.29.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline igimo1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 09:10:47 pm »
Our economy will go strait to hell if the bills pass.  End of input.
Why?   

I would think that it would cause something like adaptive radiation.  Once they are gone we can get some of the American Bums off their asses and start working.  Make some other law that forces them to work.

But I don't really know much about this part of the topic, so please explain as to why you think that.

Becuase no intelgent White American would be doing the type of jobs that Illegal Immagerts do for the Pennies.

They work for minimum wage, and I know a lot of teenagers who would be willing to work for minimum wage. Quit acting like a tool.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 09:22:16 pm »

I think you're guessing at that.  I know for sure that many of the guys we hire to do construction work, for instance, work for well over minimum wage.  And I'm pretty sure an American would jump at the chance to do even menial work for, say, $15 an hour.

Plus, you're assuming that the only cost of goods would be labor.  There's profit made by the owners of the means of production - profits cut will keep prices down.  Do you *really* think that $3 item at Wal-Mart costs $2.89 to make?  More like $0.29.
Yay for slave labor. -.-;;;
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 09:27:47 pm »
Saying Mexicans will do jobs that americans won't is RASCIST. They will just soak up the blue collar man's economy.

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 09:30:21 pm »
Saying Mexicans will do jobs that americans won't is RASCIST. They will just soak up the blue collar man's economy.

OK, tell that to Vicente Fox.  In his words, "We'll do the work that the BLACKS won't even do!"

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2006, 09:34:23 pm »
I don't see how that is racist..  IF anything it would be sterotypical to say that, but all sterotypes are based off of fact.  So the fact of the matter is; illegal Mexican WILL do the work that an American will not do.  Thus the way of the world.
:D
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 09:41:06 pm »
all sterotypes are based off of fact
Uhhh...?  You mean, like the one about people with "virus" in their name being gay?

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2006, 09:45:31 pm »
Interestingly enough, how many of these mexicans that you know working at these places are actually illegal immigrants? Most the mexicans that I've seen/know of are infact legal and I suspect this is true for a large chunk of them. Afterall you do hear about them picking up illegals at places like Walmart but never in the amounts to make you think the economy would come crashing down should all the illegals be forced out.

I suspect the area where you'd find the most of these sorts of people would be the ones who just work on farms since they get paid with cash and don't have to worry about worker status.
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2006, 09:45:46 pm »
all sterotypes are based off of fact
Uhhh...?  You mean, like the one about people with "virus" in their name being gay?
Ooh not nice. :(

*emo tear*
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 09:48:50 pm »
Interestingly enough, how many of these mexicans that you know working at these places are actually illegal immigrants? Most the mexicans that I've seen/know of are infact legal and I suspect this is true for a large chunk of them. Afterall you do hear about them picking up illegals at places like Walmart but never in the amounts to make you think the economy would come crashing down should all the illegals be forced out.

I suspect the area where you'd find the most of these sorts of people would be the ones who just work on farms since they get paid with cash and don't have to worry about worker status.
I don't know about where you live, but Arizona (where I live) has about 500,000 illegal immigrants - that's 12% of the state's overall population!

*emo tear*
Just making a point.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006, 09:52:49 pm »

I don't know about where you live, but Arizona (where I live) has about 500,000 illegal immigrants - that's 12% of the state's overall population!

*emo tear*
Just making a point.
It would of been a better point if it was actually a sterotype. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype
And seeing that you are not a group, it's just an opinion.  So that wasn't a very good point. :D
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 10:34:53 pm »
Make a strawberry picking machine and say bye bye to Mexicans.
But uhh, my opinion is that there are already laws for immigration why make them harsher? Besides we all know that lots of them work for far less than minimum wage. Thus, it keeps produce prices pretty low. No one want to play $2 per strawberry (Exaggerated). Go see that one movie "A Day Without A Mexican". White men can't farm >:P.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 10:36:17 pm »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11442705/

I think this is total bullshit personally. I think they should have started this up a long time ago but since nobody wanted to work those dead end jobs they allowed the illegal immigrants to be here for so long. Probally southern Cal got the head of it since their is alot of Hispanics here. Newby, Towelie, and I have had Mexicans walk out of school for the past 2 days protesting with mexican flags. In some parts of the County I heard that people where trying to beat up cops? WTF I hope these bills get past and send them all back.
I didn't notice it because no mexicans are in my classes ( I have honors/AP classes, which they are too stupid to take) . So, I am generally not bothered by them, as I stay away from them during break/lunch.

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 10:42:54 pm »
It would of been a better point if it was actually a sterotype. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype
And seeing that you are not a group, it's just an opinion.  So that wasn't a very good point. :D

A stereotype is a belief about a group.  Whatever moron at Wikipedia thinks that it needs to be held by a group is just plain wrong.

Besides, people in Arizona think that people with a name derived from "Virus" are gay.  So there are your arbitrary requirements fulfilled.  :P

The point was, that not all stereotypes are based on fact.  You explicitly said that.  Some are just flat-out wrong.