Author Topic: Playing Lossless Files with Windows?  (Read 4535 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Playing Lossless Files with Windows?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 10:19:07 pm »
I don't even know what that is.  The only thing I need to do besides listen to songs is to search for a specific song.  I don't know about Winamp, but on XMMS it's just a matter of pressing "j" then typing all or part of the name.  I don't need any other functionality. 

Neither do I, but I like the additional functionality that Winamp provides.  The Media library has several different search functions (plus a bunch of automatically generated lists that are sometimes handy).  It's actually a bit easier than that to search for a song on Winamp, but since it's so easy on both, it's pretty irrelivant.  I've used XMMS quite a bit.  It works, but I don't like it nearly as much as Winamp.

It sounds pretty similar to XMMS's 'j' searching.  I don't know about automatically generated lists, but you can easily generate one with a search. 

Not really important, though.  I just find Winamp too bulky.  I want to play music, period.  I don't want a program that does anything else.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 10:27:35 pm »
It sounds pretty similar to XMMS's 'j' searching.  I don't know about automatically generated lists, but you can easily generate one with a search. 

Not really important, though.  I just find Winamp too bulky.  I want to play music, period.  I don't want a program that does anything else.

I want more.  That's why I like Winamp more than XMMS. :P

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 08:10:10 am »
I'm currently using amaroK. I don't like the way it does it's music library, but it's better than nothing (IMO).
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.