Author Topic: NEW COMP  (Read 6958 times)

Offline igimo1

• View Profile
Re: NEW COMP
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 10:42:46 pm »
I think he may have been joking... I think quad SLI is much better. ;)

Haha, I didn't take the time to read anything after the dual Xeon processors.  The dual 32" TV's is a give away. -_-

If I had the money I would totally go all out and get the dual 32".  I mean just imagine, the chick you're watching would be life-sized stretched across the wall.  ;)

Poor Myndfyre...

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 11:00:30 pm »
Or you know, you could get a real woman myndy.. ;)
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 11:21:44 pm »
Or you know, you could get a real woman myndy.. ;)
z0MG DON'T TRY TO COME BETWEEN ME AND JENNA.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 11:34:03 pm »
OMG WHO'S JENNA? YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME AGAIN?! WTF.  I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 11:46:41 pm »
OMG WHO'S JENNA? YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME AGAIN?! WTF.  I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL.

Who's Jenna? Google "Jenna Jameson".

Hrm, woman splattered against the wall.. You don't need dual 32" tvs for that, just dual glocks.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 07:32:09 pm »
I think he may have been joking... I think quad SLI is much better. ;)

Haha, I didn't take the time to read anything after the dual Xeon processors.  The dual 32" TV's is a give away. -_-

If I had the money I would totally go all out and get the dual 32".  I mean just imagine, the chick you're watching would be life-sized stretched across the wall.  ;)

That's nothing. They want to stick a 140" TV in a "theater" room at a house my dad is currently looking at (he wants to switch houses while this one is under construction so it's cheaper to buy) and the room = amazing.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 07:34:03 pm »
I think it would be cheaper, more practical, longer lasting and much easier to manage if they used a LCD projector in place of a huge TV.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 07:42:37 pm »
A projector? Ick.

There seems to be no room in the back for a projector so I guess they didn't think that one through eh?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 07:48:20 pm »
I think it would be cheaper, more practical, longer lasting and much easier to manage if they used a LCD projector in place of a huge TV.

I don't know man.  We've had some projectors here at the Library, and it died after only about a year of intermittent use (the bulb needs to be replaced, it's not that it's broken, just dim).

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 07:51:48 pm »
A projector? Ick.

There seems to be no room in the back for a projector so I guess they didn't think that one through eh?

"Ick" as in you can't get one or as in you'd rather have a TV that's probably going to cost $10,000 (if you're required to analyze the price)?

I'm pretty sure you can buy projectors that have quality that matches that of TV's that get very large.  My friend has one that projects an image onto a wall that's probably something like 104", and I must say that it's the highest quality home theater system I've seen.

I don't know man.  We've had some projectors here at the Library, and it died after only about a year of intermittent use (the bulb needs to be replaced, it's not that it's broken, just dim).

The bulbs do go bad (and they are pretty expensive) relatively quickly, but they're far, far cheaper than buying a new 104" TV.  The price discrepancy would persist long past the time it would take for the TV to require maintenance, I would think.

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 08:14:00 pm »
The bulbs do go bad (and they are pretty expensive) relatively quickly, but they're far, far cheaper than buying a new 104" TV.  The price discrepancy would persist long past the time it would take for the TV to require maintenance, I would think.
...unless you add on the like, $400 Best Buy insurance plan which includes free maintenance for a long time.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 08:22:57 pm »
...unless you add on the like, $400 Best Buy insurance plan which includes free maintenance for a long time.

Those insurance plans aren't offered in those quantatities for all devices, I don't think.  Besides, the longest one is what, 7 years?  Given you might have to replace the bulb twice a year (which is pretty generous, seeing as the one we've used at school for three years has never had to have its bulb replaced), replacing the bulbs would amount to around $1,200, and that's without considering buying the bulbs in a non-individual manner.