Author Topic: Pet Peeves?  (Read 10152 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Pet Peeves?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 06:45:42 pm »
I almost put it on mine ;)...but your list is close enough

I'm bad at spelling, which would make me a hypocrite.  Since I've already said I hate hypocricy, I would find myself very annoying!

All of the mentioned "hates" are human-qualities.. ;x

Says something about this planet.

These lists constitute imperfection.  Humans are imperfect.  What you've said is an obvious inevitability. ;)

Most of the ones I have are already on here, but the thing I hate most is incompetency.  I just grow tired of people coming to me for help on various assignments when the answers are so very, very obvious.

Marvelous addition.  That's another one that I would add to my list.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 06:55:55 pm »
I also hate liars. Even if it's a small lie that doesn't matter in the larger picture, it still frustrates me. When am I supposed to start trusting someone?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 06:57:38 pm »
I also hate liars. Even if it's a small lie that doesn't matter in the larger picture, it still frustrates me. When am I supposed to start trusting someone?

Another good one!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 09:14:06 pm »

Liars is my #1 problem with people.  But it's not really a pet peeve, just a deep-down hatred :P

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 09:14:18 pm »
I hate people who have a loose mouth. This probably accounts for 80% of all my fights.
It's the most annoying thing in the world when people who don't know what's going on in the conversation
jump in and not only put their two cents in suggest something like going to the authorities or teacher. A stfu usually works though.

Another thing I find almost as annoying is fat people, like goddamn you're taking up all the fucking space. Go work out you lazy bitch.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 09:16:22 pm »
I hate people who have a loose mouth. This probably accounts for 80% of all my fights.
It's the most annoying thing in the world when people who don't know what's going on in the conversation
jump in and not only put their two cents in suggest something like going to the authorities or teacher. A stfu usually works though.
Hmm, no comment..

Another thing I find almost as annoying is fat people, like goddamn you're taking up all the fucking space. Go work out you lazy bitch.
I ride my bike 50km (~30mi)/day and eat decently well, and I'm still fat.  It's not like I don't work out.  Some people have difficulty losing weight, and some people have difficulty gaining weight.  People can't help how their bodies are designed. 

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 10:40:00 pm »
I ride my bike 50km (~30mi)/day and eat decently well, and I'm still fat.  It's not like I don't work out.  Some people have difficulty losing weight, and some people have difficulty gaining weight.  People can't help how their bodies are designed. 
I have a friend my age who weighs 96lbs, and she eats like a freaking cow. She eats more than me, and I eat way more than normal people. Today for lunch I had a tripple whopper, large fries, and then two doughnuts afterwards. :)

So yeah, some people definately can't help it either way.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 10:40:45 pm »
That's not much Hitmen. I eat that easily. :D
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 10:45:24 pm »

That ties in with ignorance (even as I said: ignorance with the illusion of knowledge on the said subject) as well as arrogance. :)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 11:05:58 pm »
Well yea the last part was more or so a joke. I have a friend who's *really* fat and gets a SHITLOAD of girls (He wear shirts saying Fat Joe (His name is Joe)) and he makes a joke out of it. But yea, a joke.

Anyhow I really can't stand people who know they're doing something wrong then punk out. If you don't have the heart then you don't have the heart, don't try to drag the brave ones with you.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 11:21:07 pm »
I have a friend my age who weighs 96lbs, and she eats like a freaking cow. She eats more than me, and I eat way more than normal people. Today for lunch I had a tripple whopper, large fries, and then two doughnuts afterwards. :)

So yeah, some people definately can't help it either way.

I ate a whopper (single whopper) and 3 mozza sticks yesterday, and I was quite full.  I try to avoid whoppers, it's just too much for me. 

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 11:22:48 pm »
1. Two-Faced people. Or people that are fake.
2. Liars
3. Fat little kids.. I mean, why the hell is a little kid fat?
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2006, 08:08:31 pm »
I was flipping through channels yesterday and I come upon the Maury show on Fox.  The title was "My four year old weighs 120lbs!"
I'm like "THAT'S MORE THAN FUCKING I WEIGH, HOW THE HELL DO YOU WEIGH THAT MUCH?!"
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2006, 11:17:48 pm »
1. Two-Faced people. Or people that are fake.
2. Liars
Usually due to some physical/gladular problem.  It's impossible to be that fat off of eating alone. 

You know what I hate that I'm guilty of all the time?

Finishing other people's sentences.

"The problem is--" "the lens is dirty?" "No, if you'd shut the fuck up you'd find out."

A convo I had just today!
"I've never been so..."
"...Lonely?"
"Yeah!  Wow, we're already finishing each other's ..."
"...Dinner?"
"Sentences...."

-- Scary Movie 4. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2006, 11:23:27 pm »
Usually due to some physical/gladular problem.  It's impossible to be that fat off of eating alone. 

Unless, of course, you keep eating after your stomach ruptures. :)