Author Topic: I love our legal system  (Read 3598 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
I love our legal system
« on: April 18, 2006, 10:10:06 am »
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/18/duke.rape/index.html?section=cnn_topstories

From the article:

Court documents filed in the case have said a medical examination of the accuser showed signs consistent with sexual assault. DNA samples from the players failed to match material collected by investigators, defense attorneys hired by some of the players said last week.

The defense lawyers also said photos taken at the party show the woman was injured before she arrived.

So, you're a complete lying scumbag, you're probably a racist for doing this (accusing all the whites but NOT the black player?), you have NO evidence whatsoever, but you can somehow land them in jail?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: I love our legal system
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 10:18:56 am »
hmm, I thought that they hadn't found any DNA at the crime scene, that's why they couldn't match any DNA.

Also, wasn't there an email/voicemail thing that talked about them doing stuff that seemed suspicious.

....hm, I wonder if there was ANY DNA evidence at all...I seem to recall hearing that on TV
"There is no DNA evidence that shows she was touched by any of these boys," said Attorney Joe Cheshire, who represents one of the team's captains.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 10:20:39 am by CrAz3D »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 10:21:19 am »
hmm, I thought that they hadn't found any DNA at the crime scene, that's why they couldn't match any DNA.

She had no DNA evidence on her. How could she have no DNA evidence on her if she got raped?
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 10:27:23 am »
as I saw on TV if they used a condom it wouldnt leave DNA

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 11:16:13 am »

She had no DNA evidence on her. How could she have no DNA evidence on her if she got raped?

Depends no the situation.  If he wore a condom and she didn't scratch him with her nails there wouldn't be any. 

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 01:08:39 pm »

Depends no the situation.  If he wore a condom and she didn't scratch him with her nails there wouldn't be any. 

The way I understand it, though, is that there *was* DNA evidence (suggesting there was no condom used).  I could be misunderstanding though.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 06:13:41 pm »

The way I understand it, though, is that there *was* DNA evidence (suggesting there was no condom used).  I could be misunderstanding though.
oh, k, I recalled hearing the opposite on TV...could be wrong though.

Have any of you heard anything about w/e message?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 06:32:47 pm »
I heard there was no DNA evidence.

And how the hell do you manage to slip a condom on in the midst of raping a stripper?

And why the hell would she not scratch if she was being raped?
- Newby

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 06:52:41 pm »
A roofie or swift kick to the head.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 07:59:45 pm »
I heard there was no DNA evidence.

What I heard was that there was the DNA evidence did not implicate the two who were charged.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

trust

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 06:16:22 am »
They won't be convicted due to lack of DNA evidence I wager.

However, to get an indictment the defense attorney doesn't speak so all hearsay testimony, circumstantial evidence, etc. is permitted. That's how they got the indictment.

One of the players posted $400,000 bond within two hours.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 08:15:45 am »
They've proven that it couldn't have been a 30-minute rape (she was smiling before and after the time she stated, 8 minutes difference, and nobody similes after a rape). I *think* the guys have been let off, now.

EDIT -
Methinks Troost did it.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.