Author Topic: Dude, this is gonna be fun.  (Read 4034 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Dude, this is gonna be fun.
« on: April 28, 2006, 10:31:19 am »
I'm about to start volunteering hardcore for Congressman Steve Pearce.  I'll be working in my city for a friend who is the campaign manager.

I just sat in on a conference call this morning (8am, boo) with a bunch of crazy old men talkin', heh.  This oughta be some fun stuff I'm about to jump into here!

Interesting, to me, that I'm so young & have a good number of connections in re:GOP

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: Dude, this is gonna be fun.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 02:18:47 pm »
TELL THEM TO STOP TRYING TO OUT-DEMOCRAT THE FUCKING DEMOCRATS AND REMEMBER WHICH SIDE OF THE CONSTITUENCY PUT THEM IN THEIR FUCKING OFFICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 02:43:04 pm »
TELL THEM TO STOP TRYING TO OUT-DEMOCRAT THE FUCKING DEMOCRATS AND REMEMBER WHICH SIDE OF THE CONSTITUENCY PUT THEM IN THEIR FUCKING OFFICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope your joking. Good for you Crazed, helping out your community and getting into politics, no matter which "side" (blegh) you're on, is great.

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 03:06:47 pm »
I hope your joking. Good for you Crazed, helping out your community and getting into politics, no matter which "side" (blegh) you're on, is great.

Haha yeah right, I'm joking, as the republicans are supporting sending everyone $100 rebate checks for gas prices instead of, oh I don't know, increasing the supply (for example, by opening ANWAR) of oil which would naturally drive the price of oil down.  Or, incrementally legalizing illegal aliens (which will be huge for fraud) instead of promoting a comprehensive solution -- again just to get election year votes.

I hope no republican gets elected this midterm.  Maybe that will wake them the fuck up.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 03:20:57 pm »
I just heard tid-bits about that $100 thing, GOP initiated that?...WTF

Pearce is for nuclear energy, openning more areas for oil searching, also for more refineries.

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 03:30:16 pm »

Haha yeah right, I'm joking, as the republicans are supporting sending everyone $100 rebate checks for gas prices instead of, oh I don't know, increasing the supply (for example, by opening ANWAR) of oil which would naturally drive the price of oil down.  Or, incrementally legalizing illegal aliens (which will be huge for fraud) instead of promoting a comprehensive solution -- again just to get election year votes.

I hope no republican gets elected this midterm.  Maybe that will wake them the fuck up.

Pssh.  That's too logical of a solution, especially for the Bush administration.  I say we continue checking up on Exxon's taxes because they're turning such a huge profit lately.  I mean, everyone knows there's no money in oil so they must be doing something evil!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 03:37:05 pm by Lord[nK] »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 06:16:31 pm »
Just came from a meeting with campagin manger (& someone that is working between congressional & campaign office).
I think I'm going to be jumping on as (currently) the assistant volunteer chair for our county (which is heavily D), possibly take over as chair volunteer....I'm gonna look into getting some credit for this as well.
I start tuesday evening (since school is still going for another 2 weeks) at a phone bank!

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 07:25:51 pm »
On Monday I was driving up from DC and I saw (in Jessup, I think, might have been Alexandria [VAor MD]) a Hess with $3.019/gallon regular, and two blocks away a Lukoil (formerly Mobile, of Exxon-Mobile) had $3.179/gallon regular.  REDICULOUS.  Just fucking tap ANWR, it's not like animals can't be moved and strict regulations put in place.  GAH!  Politicians are stupid.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 12:11:43 am »

I am not on anyone's side because it seems like both sides (the whole political scene) is whacky.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 12:33:46 am »
Anyone wanna catch up the dude who lives in a cave?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 01:10:14 am »

Of course if you actually paid attention instead of irrationally spouting off bullshit you'd see that the republicans are doing exactly that.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,193327,00.html
The fate of the amendment, however, is uncertain because Frist has included in his plan a provision on opening drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

So they are in support of a $100 tax rebate(NOTE: the democrats want $500) but they also want to open ANWR. Perhaps in the future you will learn to read instead of being a political pawn.
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 01:16:32 am »
I'd support whoever leads the way in seriously finding a way to not use oil-based cars and give the middle class (mostly us, unless you're a rich bastard) a break from paying out thier asses.

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 02:49:12 am »
So they are in support of a $100 tax rebate(NOTE: the democrats want $500) but they also want to open ANWR. Perhaps in the future you will learn to read instead of being a political pawn.

Any rebate is a fucking joke.  You don't fuck over the people who make you tax money, and you don't artificially introduce additional money into circulation.  That prompts inflation.  Maybe you'll think about the implications instead of being a political pawn in the future.