Author Topic: Happy 69th Birthday......  (Read 3049 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Happy 69th Birthday......
« on: April 28, 2006, 12:40:55 pm »
...... to Saddam Hussein.  Born April 28/1937. 

Hehe, 69th....

Also, happy 52nd birthday to Terry Pratchett, the Best Author in the World.  Born April 28/1948.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Happy 69th Birthday......
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 01:27:08 pm »
Haha, that's pretty funny these two share a birthday!  Prattchett is great, I must say -- even though I haven't read much of his stuff. >_>

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 02:33:56 pm »
I've read all of Pratchett's discworld books, which is kinda of upsetting.  So now I'm working on a H. P. Lovecraft novel.  Lovecraft is my second-favorite author.  He writes short stories based largely on his insane delusions/nightmares.  Nobody read his works while he was alive, it wasn't until after he died of malnutrition (among other things) that he became known. 

But yeah, I didn't even know that they share a birthday, or that it was today. I was just looking for something that happened on Apr 27 that's not boring, and those came up :)

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 02:41:06 pm »
I'm gonna send Mr.Saddam 3 cuban cigars and a cyanide pill.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 06:23:52 pm »
Wow, I think it's kinda ironic that somebody at my school named "Nadia Hussien" had their birthday as well today.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 06:33:28 pm »
Wow, I think it's kinda ironic that somebody at my school named "Nadia Hussien" had their birthday as well today.

... Weird.

I've read all of Pratchett's discworld books, which is kinda of upsetting.  So now I'm working on a H. P. Lovecraft novel.  Lovecraft is my second-favorite author.  He writes short stories based largely on his insane delusions/nightmares.  Nobody read his works while he was alive, it wasn't until after he died of malnutrition (among other things) that he became known. 

But yeah, I didn't even know that they share a birthday, or that it was today. I was just looking for something that happened on Apr 27 that's not boring, and those came up :)

Haha, yeah.  I'm fairly familiar with Lovecraft's stuff.  I think you introduced me to him when I was talking about the Lovecraft quotes Engorged includes at the end of Return of the Living Dead.

Hehe ... that's stragely coincidental.