Author Topic: More MySpacae backwardsness  (Read 11183 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: More MySpacae backwardsness
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2006, 11:02:10 pm »
I wouldn't want my kids using myspace.
Hahaha, I can't wait to have kids, just so I have the excuse to have an impenetrable firewall at my house.  Beat that, my chillun'!  :P

Why do that? I'd just limit their upstream bandwidth to under 1 kb/s for anything trying to reach MySpace.com. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2006, 11:07:39 pm »
Hahaha, I can't wait to have kids, just so I have the excuse to have an impenetrable firewall at my house.  Beat that, my chillun'!  :P

Why do that? I'd just limit their upstream bandwidth to under 1 kb/s for anything trying to reach MySpace.com. :P
There are laws against torture

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2006, 11:09:04 pm »
I refuse to have children that are sissies.

They will be raised in the art of FreeBSD from the moment they are born.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2006, 11:15:37 pm »
I refuse to have children that are sissies.

They will be raised in the art of FreeBSD from the moment they are born.

Children often rebell what they're taught in their younger years.  My dad tried to get me to like golf.  I went with him until I found something I was passionate about. :P

( Joking ... )

All you have to do is use Maddox's method of parenting and you will succeed with flying colors.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2006, 11:17:32 pm »
Children often rebell what they're taught in their younger years.

So if I shove Windows down their throats... :D
- Newby

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2006, 11:20:36 pm »

Exactly!

Maybe a year or so of living with their grandfather would do the trick.  *wink*

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2006, 11:27:13 pm »
Children often rebell what they're taught in their younger years.

That doesn't explain me!  :P

That would only block pictures, not the use.  :P  A typical HTTP request is not 1kb.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2006, 11:31:44 pm »
That doesn't explain me!  :P

Like me, you found your passion externally. ;)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2006, 08:01:09 am »
The thing is, our generation wasn't "brought up" on any particular OS.  For the last 20+ years, the kids understand technology better than the parents.  When our generation has kids, they'll have parents who understand technology.  That should be interesting...

Children often rebell what they're taught in their younger years.  My dad tried to get me to like golf.  I went with him until I found something I was passionate about. :P
My dad's the same way.  I'm not a huge fan of golf, but I do golf with him.  It's more like a way to spend time together, not a game I really enjoy. 

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2006, 12:57:57 pm »
The thing is, our generation wasn't "brought up" on any particular OS.  For the last 20+ years, the kids understand technology better than the parents.  When our generation has kids, they'll have parents who understand technology.  That should be interesting...

I think we'll see very similar behaviors.  When I talk about understanding technology, I understand that there are consistent paradigms of operation and expected outcome surrounding technology.  A generation is long enough for a paradigm shift, meaning that there will be newer, more advanced ways of interacting with technology by the time our generation has kids.

I think we can already see evidence of this.  While I still prefer to use the DOS command line to perform particular operations, and I think most of us prefer to not use voice-control software to use the computer, these things will change as the paradigm shifts.  Particularly for people who begin using the computer at a time when voice command is not so imprecise (I know this is an aim of Vista; whether it will happen, though, I am dubious), they'll likely tend to use it much more frequently because they won't be as frustrated with it as we have been.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.