Author Topic: Intel so creative  (Read 7958 times)

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
Re: Intel so creative
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2006, 06:11:09 pm »
You obviously haven't taken a programming class in high school, deadly. "Own" and "noob" are part of our everyday vocabulaty, along with "o-bob" (off by one bug) and some other interesting terms.
Our teacher just says "oh bee oh". And 'Bob' is the name we have given to the wireless network created by the laptops when playing quake.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2006, 01:10:11 am »
Along with other extremely sloppy coding habits.  Look at Joe's code for examples.

Seeing as you have a relatively weak background in programming, I don't understand why you're making such harsh judgements.  His Java examples seemed OK to me.

Sloppy programming is still programming, deadly.  Despite these efforts, you've not convinced me in the least to disregard Visual Basic as a programming language.
Because I've used VB before.  Not for an extended period of time, and I didn't make anything useful with it..then I read around in my C book that I bought (That I originally mistook for a C++ book) and realized that VB sucks.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2006, 01:15:39 am »
Because I've used VB before.  Not for an extended period of time, and I didn't make anything useful with it..then I read around in my C book that I bought (That I originally mistook for a C++ book) and realized that VB sucks.

McDonalds makes pretty crappy hamburgers, but I think they're still widely considered hamburgers.

I don't really care it's a sucky programming language.  It is a programming language.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2006, 11:07:45 am »
VB is often considered a scripting language, like JavaScript and Bash.  It was designed to make macros and other little scripts, not as a real programming language.  That's about the best reason you'll find to not consider VB a real programming language. 

Now, whether or not it's a GOOD language is an easy question to answer.