Author Topic: "You know, if I was a girl I would date him."  (Read 9322 times)

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
Re: "You know, if I was a girl I would date him."
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 07:09:46 pm »
So Christians are correct whenever they say anything?
I'm quoting thr article.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 01:08:43 am »
Homosexuals choose to like men in the same way heterosexuals choose to like women.  In other words, a majority of homosexuals are naturally (genetically) predisposed to be attracted to men.  Why do you think so many homosexuals
feel guilty and try to hide their preference at a young age?  Because they enjoy their sexual preference?

Anyone who disagrees is an idiot. 

« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 01:10:19 am by Rule »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 01:14:01 am »
Ok, I said this before and I'll say it again:

A guy fucking another guy is a choice.  Obviousy. 

A guy getting a boner by looking at another guy isn't. 

Like Newby said, can you see yourself choosing to love guys and not girls?  If you can't, then how can anybody?

You become homosexual by having consensual intercourse with a person of the same sex.  You stay homosexual by enjoying it and continuing it.

Homosexuals choose to like men in the same way heterosexuals choose to like women.  In other words, a majority of homosexuals are naturally (genetically) predisposed to be attracted to men.  Why do you think so many homosexuals
feel guilty and try to hide their preference at a young age?  Because they enjoy their sexual preference?

Anyone who disagrees is an idiot. 

Hormone imbalances can contribute to a higher risk of becoming homosexual, but becoming homosexual is definitely a choice.

Homosexuality is a choice.  Enjoying homosexuality is not.

Just because a baby was exposed to cocaine as an infant (and is effectively made susceptible to becoming addicted to the drug), does that make doing the drug this person's fate?  No.  It's a choice.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 01:28:22 am »
this again?........what happened to the last thread like this, did it just end or did someone "win"?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 01:30:29 am »
this again?........what happened to the last thread like this, did it just end or did someone "win"?

This thread is about homosexuality.  Who really cares?  I don't see anything wrong with a reasonable debate.  If you don't want to add anything useful, I suggest you mark it as read and move on. :P

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 01:33:46 am »

This thread is about homosexuality.  Who really cares?  I don't see anything wrong with a reasonable debate.  If you don't want to add anything useful, I suggest you mark it as read and move on. :P
I was just wondering if a conclusion came in the last thread, since it was discussed recently.

Anyhow, how many people have had bad experiences with the opposite sex before turning homosexual?  The few people I've heard of that have turned had a few bad experiences before & they decided to try out the other sex.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 01:36:28 am »
I was just wondering if a conclusion came in the last thread, since it was discussed recently.

Maybe.  I don't remember. :P

Anyhow, how many people have had bad experiences with the opposite sex before turning homosexual?  The few people I've heard of that have turned had a few bad experiences before & they decided to try out the other sex.

I'm not sure, but I would deduce that the majority of homosexual individuals choose to be so because of a genetic predisposition, not because it's another option they'd like to give a chance.  Persons of the same sex simply seem more appealing to them.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 01:38:41 am »
but I would deduce that the majority of homosexual individuals choose to be so because of a genetic predisposition
Out of curiosity, how would you feel about classifying homosexuality as a mild mental disorder?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2006, 01:41:04 am »
Out of curiosity, how would you feel about classifying homosexuality as a mild mental disorder?

No.  That's one of the silliest things that people can argue when discussing homosexuality, I think.

I think it could be considered a genetic disorder in the way that some homosexuals do have a hormone imbalance (less testosterone), which definitely contributes to abnormal choice in sexual preferance.  Hormones effect the mind, not visa-versa.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 01:42:47 am »
aw, yeah, I meant genetic (since you believe it is due to genetics) disorder, my apologies.
Like something that can/should be fixed, would that work?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 01:47:10 am »
aw, yeah, I meant genetic (since you believe it is due to genetics) disorder, my apologies.
Like something that can/should be fixed, would that work?

I think most homosexuals are content with the way they are.  Forcing them to take hormone supliments would be crude, inhumane and useless.

Don't get me wrong, I disagree with homosexuality, but I don't think we should interfere with the way God has made them unless they give their sincere consent.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2006, 01:49:12 am »
What about little kids with ADD? 
I have a friend that said he doesnt like his medicine, he feels alot happier & better without it, I dont think he consents to taking the medicine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 01:51:11 am »
What about little kids with ADD? 
I have a friend that said he doesnt like his medicine, he feels alot happier & better without it, I dont think he consents to taking the medicine

That's for his own good, though.  Despite the fact he looses his happiness while on the medication, I also suspect it has great effects on his focus in school.  If I remember correctly, ADD subsides (or at least becomes much more dormant) in adulthood?  If he's unable to learn and recieve decent scores, he's much less likely to succeed in life.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2006, 02:06:21 am »
Homosexuality is a choice.  Enjoying homosexuality is not.

We're thinking the same thing I think, so we should try and be clear about definitions in this argument to avoid any confusion.

Quote from: Webster's
Homosexual
Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.

sexual orientation
The direction of one's sexual interest toward members of the same, opposite, or both sexes.

To me "homosexual" means sexually interested in the same sex, and "heterosexual" means sexually interested in the opposite sex.  Whether someone acts on their interest or not is different, and doesn't have a special classification.

I think 12 year olds can be homosexual without having acted on their urges.

re: crazed.  You seem to generally be really uncomfortable with things that are different (referring a little to the xenophobic argument, "liberal ideas", etc.)  Almost everything about a person is a result of genetics --
their hair colour, their eye colour, their skin colour, their height, their raw intellect, ..., their sexual preference.  Just because something is different doesn't mean we should think of it as "wrong" or "bad." 

As long as someone is not harming people, he should not be "cured" or changed to be like other people unless he wants to be.  And based on what I've heard from a lot of homosexuals, they would love to become heterosexual.  Being homosexual makes your life a lot more difficult.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 02:08:21 am by Rule »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2006, 02:15:31 am »
We're thinking the same thing I think, so we should try and be clear about definitions in this argument to avoid any confusion.

Homosexual
Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.

sexual orientation
The direction of one's sexual interest toward members of the same, opposite, or both sexes.

Quote from: Also Webster's
2 : of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex

To me "homosexual" means sexually interested in the same sex, and "heterosexual" means sexually interested in the opposite sex.  Whether someone acts on their interest or not is different, and doesn't have a special classification.

According to your same source, it also follows my definition.

I think 12 year olds can be homosexual without having acted on their urges.

Sexual drive is rarely present in prepubescent individuals.

re: crazed.  You seem to generally be really uncomfortable with things that are different (referring a little to the xenophobic argument, "liberal ideas", etc.)  Almost everything about a person is a result of genetics --
their hair colour, their eye colour, their skin colour, their height, their raw intellect, ..., their sexual preference.  Just because something is different doesn't mean we should think of it as "wrong" or "bad." 

I don't see anywhere that he said that.  In fact, I think he was baiting me into saying the exact same thing you're suggesting he's guilty of.  Religion plays a massive role in this argument.  Christianity explicitly states that homosexuality is against the will of God.  Because of this, Christians will deem it as wrong and bad.

As long as someone is not harming people, he should not be "cured" or changed to be like other people unless he wants to be.  And based on what I've heard from a lot of homosexuals, they would love to become heterosexual.  Being homosexual makes your life a lot more difficult.

Why'd you say "he?"  Women can be homosexual too.  SEXIST!

That's what I've already said.  Do you not read my posts? -_-

I think most homosexuals are content with the way they are.  Forcing them to take hormone supliments would be crude, inhumane and useless.

Don't get me wrong, I disagree with homosexuality, but I don't think we should interfere with the way God has made them unless they give their sincere consent.