Author Topic: Whoa, a bogus MySpace charge thing  (Read 6141 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Whoa, a bogus MySpace charge thing
« on: May 18, 2006, 11:14:46 am »
http://www.wsbtv.com/education/9223824/detail.html

Ok, I don't think that he should be charged for that, that's ghetto.  Maybe if he was going to blow him up maybe...but saying his teacher wrestled with alligators?.....uhm, ok

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Whoa, a bogus MySpace charge thing
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 02:23:58 pm »
ROFL!!! SOMEONE TOOK MYSPACE SERIOUS!! AND ABOUT MIDGETS AND ALLIGATORS!!!
LO FUCKING L

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 08:02:14 pm »
The kid even looks emo.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 08:05:43 pm »
If you say something about a person that you cannot prove, and that something can do harm to their character or reputation, you're liable for libel or slander. 

And it wasn't just about wrestling an alligator, he also mentions, "Muzzillo liking Michael Jackson and having a 'gay old time'".  That's definitely slander. 

Also, if the teacher was willing to file charges, I'll bet the kid was an asshole in class.  The teacher obviously didn't like him.  If he was annoying in class, then I'm glad that the teacher was able to get revenge on him. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 08:18:22 pm by iago »

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 08:35:11 pm »
The kid even looks emo.
Gawd, nobody underthtands me.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 08:38:18 pm »
Pwned. I hope the kid gets totally raped. Just because he uses MySpace.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 08:40:15 pm »
Hey Newby, shut up. <3
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 09:10:36 pm »
If you say something about a person that you cannot prove, and that something can do harm to their character or reputation, you're liable for libel or slander. 

And it wasn't just about wrestling an alligator, he also mentions, "Muzzillo liking Michael Jackson and having a 'gay old time'".  That's definitely slander. 

Also, if the teacher was willing to file charges, I'll bet the kid was an asshole in class.  The teacher obviously didn't like him.  If he was annoying in class, then I'm glad that the teacher was able to get revenge on him. 
I agree, but people are beginning to take this kinda thing too far.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 11:02:24 pm »

I agree, but people are beginning to take this kinda thing too far.

What "kinda" thing? 

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 01:14:04 am »
His attorney said the criminal defamation of character charge is unconstitutional.
Last I checked, the first amendment doesn't protect libel and slander.  It's true we can say what we want, but if it infringes upon another's rights, there will be consequences.  If this profile damaged the teacher's reputation, I believe the teacher has a case.
errr... something like that...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 01:31:18 am »
By this "kinda" thing I mean frivolous law suits...this one seems frivolous.

For there to be a crime damages have to be caused.  Is there ANY way this dude's job/livelihood/etc was damaged because a kid said the teacher "wrestled with midgets & aligators" & that he was "gay with MJ"?  The MJ part, maybe, but the midget aligator wrestling is way too farfetched to cause any real harm.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 08:11:33 am »
His attorney said the criminal defamation of character charge is unconstitutional.
Last I checked, the first amendment doesn't protect libel and slander.  It's true we can say what we want, but if it infringes upon another's rights, there will be consequences.  If this profile damaged the teacher's reputation, I believe the teacher has a case.
Exactly. 

For there to be a crime damages have to be caused.  Is there ANY way this dude's job/livelihood/etc was damaged because a kid said the teacher "wrestled with midgets & aligators" & that he was "gay with MJ"?  The MJ part, maybe, but the midget aligator wrestling is way too farfetched to cause any real harm.
If the students in his class suddenly started making fun of him for being gay, then I think that there was a lot of damage done.  I remember in middle school when rumours spread that one of the teachers was gay, it pretty much ruined his job.  Nobody respected him, and everybody made fun of him. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 08:31:05 am »
Our GED teacher is gay. When he rubs my shoulders I get pissed, but I get over it a few days after. I don't support gays, but I really don't go out of my way to make their lives pure hell, either.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 11:14:14 am »
Exactly. 

If the students in his class suddenly started making fun of him for being gay, then I think that there was a lot of damage done.  I remember in middle school when rumours spread that one of the teachers was gay, it pretty much ruined his job.  Nobody respected him, and everybody made fun of him. 

I'm pretty sure he isn't damaged by kids making fun of him, hell, its expected that kid will mock him...he is a teacher afterall.  There has to be a real damage, like he gets fired because he is gay (discrimination, then he can sue the school too!, w00t for him)

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 12:11:44 pm »

Well if you want to get technical with slander remarks made by said stutdent then the phrase 'gay old time" Just means to have a happy time with a once Popular Pop star. If you take the word gay and go out of context then I can see you getting pissed off but, his case would be laughed out of court if that is his only bitch. I mean this teacher sounds like he hasent gotten laid in awhile, to be checking out students Myspace Profiles and to press chargers agianst something so retarded just tells me that this teacher dosent have any coping skills.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.