Author Topic: Greatest PvP Moments  (Read 7366 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Greatest PvP Moments
« on: May 22, 2006, 02:57:05 pm »
I have a bunch, but I'll just post one of them today.

I was pretty bored, so I was running around The Barrens.  On any server, it's pretty much invariably true that a bored level 60 with World Defense turned on will fly to the location you're attacking, track you down and kill you.  This was no exception.

I was fighting the guards on the border between Ashenvale and The Barrens.  Right as I killed my current target (these things were cake.  They didn't even touch me), a level 60 Rogue ran past me.  As I looked around, I noticed he dismounted and stealthed.  I quickly stealthed, turned perception on and walked in his general direciton.

Of course I underestimated the potency of level 60 stealth.  I quickly found myself cheap shotted and at half health.  I gouged him, vanished and ran away.  He didn't kill me! :)

Then, I went to Crossroads and started killing some guards.  The same Rogue ran past me just as I killed a guard.  He didn't stop right when he saw me, but he did turn back while on his mount.  I had already vanished, and I was waiting for him to come find me.  He stood there as he must have been trying to do something for a few seconds.  I sapped him, gave him a hug and sprinted away.  He didn't kill me again!

I waited for a few mintues for him to find something better to do.  It worked!  I didn't see him again.  However, as I was killing another guard, I noticed a ?? (at 49 that means 60) hunter in the distance.  Right after I killed the guard, I stealthed.  Too bad hunters have "Track Stealth." :(  He found me, put his mark on me and started to kill me.  Haha, what a loser.  I turned on Evasion, ran towards him ALMOST KILLED HIM (got him down to 2%) and he USED A POTION. :(  I got him down to 8% again before he killed me. :(

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest PvP Moments
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 01:08:30 am »
It's called Track Humanoids, sir. :P And are people on your server that pvp just terrible in general or did the hunter not know how to play his class? On my server it's rare to see a rogue beat a hunter if the hunter gets the jump. I've never done it myself because all they have to do is HM, run away, throw their pet at me and Cuncussive shot till I die. If I get the jump however they usually wont live.

As far as pvp for me today, I've been sitting in AV for 6 hours killing anything I come across at low health.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 03:01:00 am »
It's called Track Humanoids, sir. :P And are people on your server that pvp just terrible in general or did the hunter not know how to play his class? On my server it's rare to see a rogue beat a hunter if the hunter gets the jump. I've never done it myself because all they have to do is HM, run away, throw their pet at me and Cuncussive shot till I die. If I get the jump however they usually wont live.

I know they have track.  Also, it would be track stealth; track humanoids doesn't do much when you're in stealth, I don't think.

I used Evasion, Blade Fury and Adrenaline Rush.  I honestly don't think he was expecting me to put up a fight at all.  I'm twinked out, so my level is a rather poor representation of how much damage I can dish out.

There are people who suck at PvP on every server.  I couldn't tell you if this hunter was one of them, though from that battle it would certainly seem so.  He probably didn't expect me to even get to him.  I think he still had Aspect of the Cheetah on when I did.

Even still, I was more humored by the fact I got a 60 Shaman down to half health twice.  I didn't get the jump on him either.

As far as pvp for me today, I've been sitting in AV for 6 hours killing anything I come across at low health.

That's so lame. -_-

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 03:03:44 am »
Track Humanoids detects anything -- stealthed or not, and puts it on their minimap. They don't have a "Track Stealth" ability.

Also - Rogues are essentially broken down to be only able to do just that in BG's now, every other class has been buffed so much that we've essentially been nerfed. You'll see what I mean if you hit 60 on the character.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 03:05:19 am by Scr33n0r »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 03:23:25 am »
Track Humanoids detects anything -- stealthed or not, and puts it on their minimap. They don't have a "Track Stealth" ability.

Clearly you don't know the hunter class very well.  I may have gotten the name wrong, but at least I got the concept right. ;)

http://www.thottbot.com/?sp=19885

Also - Rogues are essentially broken down to be only able to do just that in BG's now, every other class has been buffed so much that we've essentially been nerfed. You'll see what I mean if you hit 60 on the character.

I'm sure I will, but I don't really mind.  There's generally a work-around for a given situation.  I've PvP'd on my Priest a few times.  The worst thing I fear is a Rogue who sneaks up behind me and ambushes me for 239408423.

My raid is soon dropping Molten Core to an off day.  That means that it'll no longer be a required raid.  At the moment, it's not necessarily "required," but you're definitely expected to show up.  If you consistently avoid MC, chances are you'll be booted from the raid as a regular.  70% of the raid has been done with MC for months.  They either want to stay the hell away from the place or bring an alt, neither of which are largely permitted at the moment.  We have an explicit goal of clearing the place in 2.5 hours, including Ragnaros.  We've done it for about a month in a row, ever since the goal has been established.  We down ragnaros before he summons his sons, which is pretty nice.

In any case, after it's moved to an off day, a lot of the regulars won't attend.  That leaves a bunch of open slots.  Since we have like 3 backup Priests, they won't need Sabetha (and would probably prefer that I allow another Priest to go in my stead so we can gear them up), so I'll be free to bring any of my alts that they have room for.  Getting to 60 may take a bit of time, but once I get a rank I'm pleased with, I'll probably move on.  As much as I enjoy the 40-49 bracket, there's little point camping it when I've hit the rank cap (which is Knight-Captain, I think).  Gearing me up for 60 will be pretty easy, though I wish there were better swords that dropped in MC.  I'm not much of a dagger person.

</rant>

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 03:42:40 am »
Read the discription for that Track Hidden ability, all it essentially does is increase your stealth detection range, we can avoid this however by getting behind him, because the ability doesn't effect what's behind you.

Anyway, I'm still surprised you took on a 60 hunter at 49, I can't imagine how you were even able to get to him.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 03:56:53 am »
Read the discription for that Track Hidden ability, all it essentially does is increase your stealth detection range, we can avoid this however by getting behind him, because the ability doesn't effect what's behind you.

No, it also shows the targets on the minimap.  Finish reading the description. ;)

I'm sure the range is lower compared to other tracking types, but it still has a seperate ability.  That is very good grounds to assume that Track Humanoids doesn't show stealthed units.  I could, of course, be wrong, though.  I've only gotten a hunter to 18.

Anyway, I'm still surprised you took on a 60 hunter at 49, I can't imagine how you were even able to get to him.

I dodged concussive shot. :)

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 05:16:46 am »
I read the description fully, but below look at what someone says in a comment, it only shows people in a visible range (I'd assume about 5 yards).

Also, and yeah, Track Humanoids does the same, it just doesn't increase stealth detection. I've had hunters randomly send their pets at me while I'm sitting around stealthed no where near them, they've just told me that I came up on track humanoids. (I think it's complete bullshit they can do that to us but meh.)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 06:02:54 am »
I've taken on a 29 Undead Rogue with my 27 Human Paladin, a combination of stunning him and healing myself.  I've grown to hate Shaman, Hunters, and Rogues in PvP.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 08:15:11 am »
Congrats Sidoh. I'm guessing Larinda is a PvP twink?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 08:49:59 am »
Congrats Sidoh. I'm guessing Larinda is a PvP twink?

DUH! :P

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 11:11:49 am »
Nope, he's just a racist horde killer... heres your sign.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 12:25:39 pm »
Lets see.

One day I was board [60 NE druid Full WildHeart] So I deicde to do a raid on Orgimmar with 4 other rouge friends of mine. [All 60 NE] So we stealth in and for some odd reason we were found out before we even hit the AH. So anyways we go back in to try and find our corpse. In the process I fall "Since I dont know my way around Orgimmar and never played horde before" onto a roof. Well I was close enough to my corpse to rez so I did. None of the horde could see me. So I Battle rez one of my Party members that was lying next to my corpse and he rezes by me. He had Jumper cables and did the same and so on and so forth until we got all 5 party members on this one roof.

So since I see alot of the Horde that killed us still had their PvP flags on I deicde to Nuke the hell out of them. I must have killed 5 60 Warriors from that roof before they started catching notice. They all start screaming "orck refo Kcko" I know that must mean ALLIANCE, ALLICANCE, ALLIANCE. So my 4 friend rouges are sitting on the roof with me getting drunk and /lol their asses off. The are all getting the crossbows out and shooting them as well. We must have been up on that roof for 3 hours before They figured out how we got on there. That day Alone I had 200 HonorKills from just Starfire/Moonfire stupid horde that left their PvP flags on.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 12:53:29 pm »
Lets see.

One day I was board [60 NE druid Full WildHeart] So I deicde to do a raid on Orgimmar with 4 other rouge friends of mine. [All 60 NE] So we stealth in and for some odd reason we were found out before we even hit the AH. So anyways we go back in to try and find our corpse. In the process I fall "Since I dont know my way around Orgimmar and never played horde before" onto a roof. Well I was close enough to my corpse to rez so I did. None of the horde could see me. So I Battle rez one of my Party members that was lying next to my corpse and he rezes by me. He had Jumper cables and did the same and so on and so forth until we got all 5 party members on this one roof.

So since I see alot of the Horde that killed us still had their PvP flags on I deicde to Nuke the hell out of them. I must have killed 5 60 Warriors from that roof before they started catching notice. They all start screaming "orck refo Kcko" I know that must mean ALLIANCE, ALLICANCE, ALLIANCE. So my 4 friend rouges are sitting on the roof with me getting drunk and /lol their asses off. The are all getting the crossbows out and shooting them as well. We must have been up on that roof for 3 hours before They figured out how we got on there. That day Alone I had 200 HonorKills from just Starfire/Moonfire stupid horde that left their PvP flags on.

Haha..that's awesome.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 02:29:57 pm »
Lets see.

They're these units called Scouts (much like our Theif Catchers) that have increased stealth detection. One walks right by the AH in Org. Probably what caught you guys.

Anyways, after AV yesterday me and a priest friend (both of us are 60) went to Org and there's a certain building the the guards can't get to right outside of the area where horde que's for BG's. So we were up there essentially blasting away everyone that came by, I'd run around on the road and wait for someone to follow me, then I'd get them to chase me over to the tower where the priest would heal me, and they'd never stand a chance. :( We even met some of our friends on horde and got on Vent with them and played carebear.