Author Topic: China's War-Drive  (Read 10375 times)

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
China's War-Drive
« on: May 23, 2006, 11:11:04 pm »
US warns against Chinese build-up

Chinese soldiers

The report says China's troops near Taiwan have been boosted
China is rapidly extending its military reach and could pose a threat across Asia, a Pentagon report warns.

Read article
We're doomed :(.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 11:13:49 pm by GameSnake »

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
Re: China's War-Drive
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 11:21:46 pm »
Oh no! Millions of short Ergots running around! They will h4xx0r battle.net with all t3h l337 sp34k~!

Offline igimo1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 11:21:59 pm »

Chinese soldiers
China is rapidly extending its military reach and could pose a threat across Asia, a Pentagon report warns.

Read article

You should read news more often, but since you're you, I'll explain it to you.

Relationship between China and Taiwan

Taiwan is currently trying to split off from China, and become a seperate country. The Chinese government disagrees, mostly because the Chinese who have immigrated from the mainland to Taiwan are still Chinese, not Taiwanese. There is a great deal (perhaps even majority) of people who were born there that are not, and do not consider themselves Chinese, but rather Taiwanese. Those peoples are either mixes of Chinese and Taiwanese, or were originally descended from people who lived there before Chinese (mainlanders) ever set foot there. They are predominantly Malay, although it differs from region to region.

-

The fact that troops began to be moved and assembled is that China still considers them part of China, but because they are being rebellious, will attempt to do much of what the Union did to subdue Confederacy, albeit on a much faster and larger scale.

China does not really pose a threat to Asia!

China will not invade other countries, primarily because it would disrupt a great deal of Western affairs. Correct me if I'm wrong but, such unprovoked hostilities against their neighbors would violate several UN policies/ treaties, and China could potentially be cut off from the rest of the world if the UN decided so (many contemporary politicians from all over the globe already fear China as an economic power; what would happen if they became a military power?), and more drastically, measures would be taken to crush China or prevent their potential expansionism.

The Chinese armed forces are powerful indeed, but they are not equipped nor trained well enough to match the US in a land war, much less the collective first world countries.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 11:31:13 pm »

Chinese soldiers

Read article

You should read news more often, but since you're you, I'll explain it to you.

Relationship between China and Taiwan

Taiwan is currently trying to split off from China, and become a seperate country. The Chinese government disagrees, mostly because the Chinese who have immigrated from the mainland to Taiwan are still Chinese, not Taiwanese. There is a great deal (perhaps even majority) of people who were born there that are not, and do not consider themselves Chinese, but rather Taiwanese. Those peoples are either mixes of Chinese and Taiwanese, or were originally descended from people who lived there before Chinese (mainlanders) ever set foot there. They are predominantly Malay, although it differs from region to region.

-

The fact that troops began to be moved and assembled is that China still considers them part of China, but because they are being rebellious, will attempt to do much of what the Union did to subdue Confederacy, albeit on a much faster and larger scale.

China does not really pose a threat to Asia!

China will not invade other countries, primarily because it would disrupt a great deal of Western affairs. Correct me if I'm wrong but, such unprovoked hostilities against their neighbors would violate several UN policies/ treaties, and China could potentially be cut off from the rest of the world if the UN decided so (many contemporary politicians from all over the globe already fear China as an economic power; what would happen if they became a military power?), and more drastically, measures would be taken to crush China or prevent their potential expansionism.

The Chinese armed forces are powerful indeed, but they are not equipped nor trained well enough to match the US in a land war, much less the collective first world countries.
Better then posting a 20 year old news script (like iago ;P)

Name your sources? China is pointing nukes at taiwan, and building up men
China regards the island as a renegade province and has vowed to invade if Taiwan moves towards declaring formal independence.
Sounds VERY serious to me.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 11:35:12 pm by GameSnake »

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 11:35:55 pm »
Besides, it's not the date on the article, but the article on the date.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 11:43:35 pm »
They should claim it's an anti-terrorist movement, that seems to make invading countries alright.  ;)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline igimo1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 11:47:29 pm »
China is pointing nukes at taiwan,  and building up men

You dumbass, ballistic missiles aren't nukes. Using a nuke would entirely defeat the purpose of reining in Taiwan.

China regards the island as a renegade province and has vowed to invade if Taiwan moves towards declaring formal independence.

I didn't say it wasn't serious. However, the US may exert pressure and throw around some hefty threats, but, in reality, cannot do anything. One, two, maybe even three carriers would not be able to prevent the invasion of Taiwan; Taiwan is a pebbles length away, and they would be taken within a day.

Name your sources?

I have no sources. However, since there are people who are of Chinese (or even, Taiwanese) descent of this forum, they can confirm this. I know what I have said to be true, because I am part Chinese myself.

They should claim it's an anti-terrorist movement, that seems to make invading countries alright.  ;)

That's an overreaction by tenfold - instead of crushing the terrorist movement, you take over the island? lo0ol
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 11:49:25 pm by Topaz »

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 11:51:20 pm »
China is pointing nukes at taiwan,  and building up men

You dumbass, ballistic missiles aren't nukes. Using a nuke would entirely defeat the purpose of reining in Taiwan.

I didn't say it wasn't serious. However, the US may exert pressure and throw around some hefty threats, but, in reality, cannot do anything. One, two, maybe even three carriers would not be able to prevent the invasion of Taiwan; Taiwan is a pebbles length away, and they would be taken within a day.

Name your sources?

I have no sources. However, since there are people who are of Chinese (or even, Taiwanese) descent of this forum, they can confirm this. I know what I have said to be true, because I am part Chinese myself.

That's an overreaction by tenfold - instead of crushing the terrorist movement, you take over the island? lo0ol
Nobody likes you when do that, Topaz.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 11:53:31 pm »
 :-* Topaz.   :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 12:20:49 am »
unprovoked hostilities against their neighbors would violate several UN policies/ treaties, and China could potentially be cut off from the rest of the world if the UN decided so

China has veto power on the UN Security Council.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline igimo1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 12:24:50 am »
unprovoked hostilities against their neighbors would violate several UN policies/ treaties, and China could potentially be cut off from the rest of the world if the UN decided so

China has veto power on the UN Security Council.

How long do you think that'll last if China's expansionism expands past Asia? At the very least, they'll be expelled from the UN.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 06:54:42 am »
The US is the only first world country.  Brush up on your definitions ;)

Aside from that, the Chinese would easily be able to claim victory over us.  We only have 4 soldiers and a janitor left over here, and sending them to China won't do much good.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 08:07:51 am »
If China and Taiwan wants to fight, why should the rest of the world stick their noses in it?  Until they're a harm/threat to another country, or they get oil, there's no sense in attacking another country. 

Look at all the countries in Africa that are overthrown every other day.  Nobody cares about them.  Let the Chinese province succeed, and let China handle their own problem. 

Offline igimo1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 12:13:41 pm »
If China and Taiwan wants to fight, why should the rest of the world stick their noses in it?  Until they're a harm/threat to another country, or they get oil, there's no sense in attacking another country. 

And I quote, from a layman:

Quote from: Ersan
The rest of the world already considers Taiwan as an independent state, they just haven't received worldwide recognition

If they really are their own nation, then that basically constitutes harm to another country.

Look at all the countries in Africa that are overthrown every other day.  Nobody cares about them.  Let the Chinese province succeed, and let China handle their own problem. 

Huh? The same countries that were Africa a year ago are still there.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 01:58:07 pm »

Most of the nations of Africa overthrew their British/Dutch rulers around the 1960's. The bloody coups that go on don't invole multiple countries.
The writ of the founders must endure.