Author Topic: Librarians Defy the PATRIOT Act  (Read 15657 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Librarians Defy the PATRIOT Act
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2006, 12:47:41 am »
They protected us from the crime that they could later commit.  Or are you simply just not understanding that?
That THEY, the specific individual, not the future criminals...Or are you simply just not understanding that?

Minority report was based of of fiction, so, bah.

Nuke the US & the economies of the rest of the world crumble...MUCH more instability than if we just nuked the mideast & went in with robots to take their oil ;)  (this is all not serious, i dont think we should nuke the mid east, just proving a point)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2006, 07:02:31 am »
Haven't you seen Minority Report?  We should be arresting people before they ever consider committing a crime.  That worked well in the movie, didn't it?  I got bored and didn't see the ending. 

They protected us specifically from those individuals, they're supposed to protect us from all crime.

Maybe they should've nuked the middle east right too, then.
I think that nuking the US would be more valuable.  Less people will die, and there would be a whole lot less suffering in the world right now for people in the rest of the world. 

Are you feeling angry?  You should be.  Genocide is not the answer to your problems, and that fact that so many American children like you are worse than Hitler scares me to death. 

No...nuking the middle east would work. Someone suggest it to their congressman.
While we're at it why don't we send jews to camps, burn the muslim's turbans, open the eyes of the japs,  and slap a few russians? Cmon it will be fun, we could torture everyone equally.

Are you feeling angry? Coolbeans.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2006, 08:07:53 am »
Haven't you seen Minority Report?  We should be arresting people before they ever consider committing a crime.  That worked well in the movie, didn't it?  I got bored and didn't see the ending.
Actually, if you saw the ending of the movie, you would see that the theme is that people can change, and that they are always in control of their future. This is a neat theme, but it really isn't that relevant to the thread.
I know, I was trying to say that in a humorous/sarcastic way.  :P

Nuke the US & the economies of the rest of the world crumble...MUCH more instability than if we just nuked the mideast & went in with robots to take their oil ;)  (this is all not serious, i dont think we should nuke the mid east, just proving a point)
The world would survive without the US.  It did for many centuries before the white people found it.  What, exactly, does the US contribute to the world besides fear and money?  Do you have any natural resources?  Build anything?  I really can't think of any US exports, but maybe it's too early in the morning. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2006, 11:52:55 am »
The world would survive without the US.  It did for many centuries before the white people found it.  What, exactly, does the US contribute to the world besides fear and money?  Do you have any natural resources?  Build anything?  I really can't think of any US exports, but maybe it's too early in the morning. 
The internationalism that exists today didnt exist way back when...if you go back to pre-idustrial revoultion & wipe out the US, then sure, but it wont work now. 

I think we export alot of food.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2006, 01:05:20 pm »
Actually, if you saw the ending of the movie, you would see that the theme is that people can change, and that they are always in control of their future. This is a neat theme, but it really isn't that relevant to the thread.
I know, I was trying to say that in a humorous/sarcastic way.  :P
Yeah, I thought you were sarcastic, but it's kinda hard to tell over the internet.
Hitmen: art is gay