Author Topic: Slashdot!  (Read 5201 times)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Slashdot!
« on: June 04, 2006, 11:05:42 pm »
Slashdot has a new design.  Discuss.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
Re: Slashdot!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 11:39:15 pm »
Good for them, a nice new sleak layout is always fun. Fun fact: Slashdot was created by a student of Hope college in Holland, Michigan.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 11:58:11 pm »
Good for them, a nice new sleak layout is always fun. Fun fact: Slashdot was created by a student of Hope college in Holland, Michigan.

Deadly, be sure to correct him too.

Also, GameSnake, have you found a fetish for italic lettering? :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 12:00:30 am »
I don't like it. 

But, I don't generally like change, so eh?  I'll get used to it.  I usually just use their RSS feeds anyways. 

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 02:10:19 am »
They had a contest for it... It's slightly modernized, I like it since it was looking very primative ;P
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 02:32:28 am »
I don't like it. 

But, I don't generally like change, so eh?  I'll get used to it.  I usually just use their RSS feeds anyways. 

Haha, I guess not.  I think this is an excellent improvement for them.  The Times New Roman font was ugly.  I think it's easy to read, but for some reason, I find it to be a really ugly font.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 06:32:45 am »
Design: Yes
Slashdot: No
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 02:42:57 pm »

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 03:34:54 pm »
Slashdot is full of idiots, the site itself is awesome. The news is sometimes misleading and the comments are even worse of people who don't read the entire article or only read the title.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 03:48:16 pm »
Slashdot is full of idiots, the site itself is awesome. The news is sometimes misleading and the comments are even worse of people who don't read the entire article or only read the title.

The entire articles take less than a minute to read... I've found most of the comments I have read (I will admit that it's rare I read comments on an article) pretty fact-based or at least reasonable.  If they're not, there are those that correct them.

I think there are more intelligent people on Slashdot than not, but then again, I'm not exactly an active community member.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 04:28:19 pm »
Everything is still in the same position, so the "layout" hasn't changed.  The design, however, has.

happy sidoh? :)
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 04:31:44 pm »
Yes, but other than being condescending, nit-picky corrections such as that serve no purpose.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 04:38:58 pm »

The entire articles take less than a minute to read... I've found most of the comments I have read (I will admit that it's rare I read comments on an article) pretty fact-based or at least reasonable.  If they're not, there are those that correct them.

I think there are more intelligent people on Slashdot than not, but then again, I'm not exactly an active community member.

I'll have to agree, however a few bad or idiotic people on the site ruin it for me. I read the news if I don't find it twisted and out of context (Usually by going to the article linked) but I don't read the comments. Some of them are funny and make me laugh but others just make me think poorly of them. It's probably bad of me to get an impression of them from this but it's annoying.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 04:47:07 pm »
Hehe, yeah.

Unfotunately, any popular place that is open to the public is bound to have a noticable number of idiots.  At least, people that appear to be idiots.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 06:58:54 pm »

I'll have to agree, however a few bad or idiotic people on the site ruin it for me. I read the news if I don't find it twisted and out of context (Usually by going to the article linked) but I don't read the comments. Some of them are funny and make me laugh but others just make me think poorly of them. It's probably bad of me to get an impression of them from this but it's annoying.
I usually read comments for the jokes x_x.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology