Author Topic: BOOM goes the iago's house!  (Read 15826 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: BOOM goes the iago's house!
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2006, 02:26:16 pm »
Crazed, even the evidence suggesting that the world is 4-5 billion years old leaves room for reasonable doubt.  It does not provide an inherent answer to the question "Just how old is this planet?  The Universe?"

According to passages in the bible, as Joe has said, the world is about 6,000 years old.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2006, 04:48:34 pm »
Believing in dinosaurs/pre-historic man and believing the direct text of the Bible are mutually exclusive.  So if you're a literal Christian, you can't believe in dinosaurs. 

But God obviously put them there to confuse us.  Duh.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2006, 04:57:51 pm »
I don't see Canada begging the US for oil.  Just because we have the most resources at our disposal (which is not necessarily true to begin with) does not mean that the US is the best country.  There's more to it.

Yea it was a joke but really, withought the US who would of won WW2? Britain was on their knees and no one else had our military powers except maybe the SU and I doubt they would of won had we not come to back them up.

Oh yea, withought the US who would of won the cold war?

Face it, we kick ass. Everyone's jealous. No other country has the balls to do what we do and we do it with a smile on our faces and a beer waiting back home.

Let's see, so perhaps maybe we should let the terrorists continue to grow in the middle east. Perhaps we should leave Canada to get attacked by terrorists, leave any country to get attacked by terrorist. Face it, that isolation bullshit doesn't work. We tried it and pearl harbor happened.

The US is great and I'll be damned if anyone who doesn't live here tells me otherwise.

Fuck the rest of the world, go america.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2006, 05:27:44 pm »
I believe they've only speculated about areas where the ship might lay...

I'm christian, I believe in intelligent design, hardcore creationism just seems stupid to me.  We've found things that say the earth is 4.6billion years old, how do you explain that?  How do you explain the ancestors of humans that date back 60k years?

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2006, 07:26:19 pm »
People would say "God made it so".

Anyways, Warrior, the terrorists won.  Their goal was to fuck with our society, and they have.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2006, 07:30:02 pm »
I don't see Canada begging the US for oil.  Just because we have the most resources at our disposal (which is not necessarily true to begin with) does not mean that the US is the best country.  There's more to it.

Yea it was a joke but really, [1] withought the US who would of won WW2? Britain was on their knees and no one else [2] had our military powers except maybe the SU and I doubt they would of won had we not come to back them up.

[3] Oh yea, withought the US who would of won the cold war?

Face it, we kick ass. Everyone's jealous. No other country has the balls to do what we do and we do it with a smile on our faces and a beer waiting back home.

Let's see, so perhaps maybe we should let the terrorists continue to grow in the middle east. Perhaps we should leave Canada to get attacked by terrorists, leave any country to get attacked by terrorist. [4] Face it, that isolation bullshit doesn't work. We tried it and pearl harbor happened.

The US is great and I'll be damned if anyone who doesn't live here tells me otherwise.

Fuck the rest of the world, go america.
Thank you for TOTALY BUTCHERING HISTORY.

1. Probably Nazi Germany. But no one can tell now.
2. We supplied the USSR with most of their wepon's steel. We also sent them ammunition.
3. No one "won" the cold war. It was called the "cold" war because there was no fighting, and really there was just supposid espionage and wepon stockpiling.  The Berlin wall fell because a tired communist official was asked by a soviet news crew what the official buisness was about. He replied "Taking the wall down." Before the soviets where able to snub out that comment and any trail the comment had left, the wall was being taken down. The the USSR just fell from a lack of an economy.
4. We stopped being an isolationist country durring the Spanish American war. 1898. 50 fucking years before pearl harbor. We dug a ditch in the middle of a country. We sold weapons durring WWI. We where in the Pacific and Asia before pearl harbor even happened.

Fuck you, if you say shit know what you're talking about. Don't make rash judgments based off of shreds of facts.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2006, 07:48:56 pm »

I'm christian, I believe in intelligent design, hardcore creationism just seems stupid to me.  We've found things that say the earth is 4.6billion years old, how do you explain that?  How do you explain the ancestors of humans that date back 60k years?

Are you aware of how Carbon dating works, Crazed?  It checks for an isotope of Carbon (Carbon 14, IIRC) in order to determine the date.  How the hell can you claim that it was impossible for God to create that object with the appropriate amount of Carbon 14 to yield said result at the time of testing?  Christianity poses he's omnipotent... you can't say that's impossible.  That doesn't mean you don't have to believe it, but you must admit that it is an acceptable explanation.  That doesn't mean to say anyone else can claim that your answer is inherently wrong either, but you need to realize that science casts a shadow of doubt just as readily as religion does on this subject.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2006, 08:31:01 pm »
1. Probably Nazi Germany. But no one can tell now.

Okay, just letting you know. We saved the world.

2. We supplied the USSR with most of their wepon's steel. We also sent them ammunition.

I know, aka we saved their asses. Before the war even started we were sending them items.

3. No one "won" the cold war. It was called the "cold" war because there was no fighting, and really there was just supposid espionage and wepon stockpiling.  The Berlin wall fell because a tired communist official was asked by a soviet news crew what the official buisness was about. He replied "Taking the wall down." Before the soviets where able to snub out that comment and any trail the comment had left, the wall was being taken down. The the USSR just fell from a lack of an economy.

I don't see the Soviet Union anywhere today, you don't have to fight to win a war. The cold war is a good example of that.

4. We stopped being an isolationist country durring the Spanish American war. 1898. 50 fucking years before pearl harbor. We dug a ditch in the middle of a country. We sold weapons durring WWI. We where in the Pacific and Asia before pearl harbor even happened.

The point is, most americans thought that we were save, and therefore didn't give the war much thought. We might of supplied weapons and such but we remained in our isolationist mindset until we entered WW2, even after WW1.

Fuck you, if you say shit know what you're talking about. Don't make rash judgments based off of shreds of facts.

Someone seems a bit mad, here's a tissue dumbass. Cry me a river.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2006, 08:37:30 pm »
The point is, most americans thought that we were save, and therefore didn't give the war much thought. We might of supplied weapons and such but we remained in our isolationist mindset until we entered WW2, even after WW1.
You do know that we were in World War 1, right?

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2006, 08:40:45 pm »
Of course, I said we resumed isolationism even after WW1, we didn't get into WW2 after most of the damage was dealt. Sure we supplied some weapons but really theres only so far that can go.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2006, 08:42:07 pm »

Are you aware of how Carbon dating works, Crazed?  It checks for an isotope of Carbon (Carbon 14, IIRC) in order to determine the date.  How the hell can you claim that it was impossible for God to create that object with the appropriate amount of Carbon 14 to yield said result at the time of testing?  Christianity poses he's omnipotent... you can't say that's impossible.  That doesn't mean you don't have to believe it, but you must admit that it is an acceptable explanation.  That doesn't mean to say anyone else can claim that your answer is inherently wrong either, but you need to realize that science casts a shadow of doubt just as readily as religion does on this subject.
Why would God do that?  Create a world with evidence of prehistoric life.. to confuse us?  Or did He want us to have a world that appeared to already be "in use"?

I don't see the Soviet Union anywhere today, you don't have to fight to win a war. The cold war is a good example of that.
In case you didn't know, the Soviet Union broke up in 1986, which is about 20 years after the end of the "war".  I don't think the war killed it. 

And incidentally, being a military power doesn't make a good country. 

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2006, 08:46:44 pm »
Being a military power does help, you see if theres anyone we don't like..we crush them.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2006, 09:03:32 pm »
Why would God do that?  Create a world with evidence of prehistoric life.. to confuse us?  Or did He want us to have a world that appeared to already be "in use"?

To test, abolish or question faith.  There are a predetermined number of people that will go to heaven, but unlike Jehova witnesses believe, that number is known onlyby God.  There is no answer to the question "Why did God choose the number he did?"  It is likely beyond comprehention.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2006, 10:52:39 pm »

From what I remember of my classes, the carbon releases/leaves/whatever at a constant rate, yes?  So unless that rate was different at sometime it'd be very illogical for something like that to exist.

I believe science helps us understand God in a different way.  I believe it shows us that things in the Bible are not exact/word-for-word.

Heavy rock thinking challenge thing:
Assume God is all PKG (powerful, knowing, good).  Then, can God create an object that is so heavy that even he cannot lift?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2006, 11:03:52 pm »

To test, abolish or question faith.  There are a predetermined number of people that will go to heaven, but unlike Jehova witnesses believe, that number is known onlyby God.  There is no answer to the question "Why did God choose the number he did?"  It is likely beyond comprehention.

Sounds like proof that we don't have free will, then.  If there's no free will, then, to use a cliche, why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?