Author Topic: Slashdot!  (Read 5206 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Slashdot!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 07:53:45 pm »
I find Slashdot very useful in general. 

If anything is twisted or taken out of context in the blurb, it's almost always picked up very quickly in the comments. 

Also, they have a user-controlled feedback system.  If you want to avoid idiots, you can just read the posts that have been moderated high.  If you want serious replies, you can just read the posts that have been moderated as "insightful".  All that can be done automatically. 

I suspect that you don't like it there because the people are a pretty even mixture of pro-Linux and pro-Windows.  It's rare to find a place that's balanced so nicely, but it's also rare to find a place where the majority of people don't agree with you that Windows is better.  Doesn't it bother you when people poke fun at Windows just because IE can't open a .pdf in a new window properly?  (a problem that's been driving me nuts.. I might post about it in web dev one day)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 10:59:04 pm »
Slashdot is awesome.
I just search: Score:5, Funny
and get comedy results.  I love it. :)!
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 10:46:08 am »
I suspect that you don't like it there because the people are a pretty even mixture of pro-Linux and pro-Windows.  It's rare to find a place that's balanced so nicely, but it's also rare to find a place where the majority of people don't agree with you that Windows is better.  Doesn't it bother you when people poke fun at Windows just because IE can't open a .pdf in a new window properly?  (a problem that's been driving me nuts.. I might post about it in web dev one day)

Most of the anti-windows people are idiots yes. The pro-Linux arn't necessarily hardcore anti-windows withought sense type people I dispise. Additionally it's other articles as well.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling