Author Topic: Windows Vista Beta 2 Available for Download  (Read 13516 times)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Vista Beta 2 Available for Download
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 10:22:57 pm »
Seriously... it's pissing me off as much as it is my dad... it's rediculous.
My dad now suspects something wrong with either the iso or his disk...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 11:07:15 pm by Ergot »
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 03:38:25 am »
If a retail Windows OS is as broken as XP can be, I can't imagine a beta. :P
Well, I've never had a problem with XP.  It's not broken for me.  Clearly, you are.

Seriously... it's pissing me off as much as it is my dad... it's rediculous.
My dad now suspects something wrong with either the iso or his disk...
That's probably it.  I had build 5384 for a while (I suspect this is the same version as was released by MS) and it was solid and very stable on my desktop.  Haven't tried it on my notebook.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 04:14:20 am »
AFAIK, my iso downloaded fine I check the md5sum and SHA1 with the ones on Slashdot.  It would pretty much crash each time after prompting about the user controls shit... and refreshing his screen. Would you be available to help me? Warrior kinda left me :(

I haven't had much trouble with XP, but then again, I only switched recently.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 04:41:48 am »
I'll be able to help tomorrow.  What are your specs?
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 04:56:21 am »
Athlon 2200+
768 MB RAM
Geforce 5600
Is that good enough? It's my dad's computer that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 01:30:33 pm »
Well, I've never had a problem with XP.  It's not broken for me.  Clearly, you are.

It would RANDOMLY restart itself. Linux has yet to even give me a kernel panic from bad hardware. Apparently, Windows sucks dick. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 01:45:53 pm »

It would RANDOMLY restart itself. Linux has yet to even give me a kernel panic from bad hardware. Apparently, Windows sucks dick. :)

Or maybe..just maybe..it's your hardware? You know when it works for millions and millions and not for a select few..then can we question it being the hardware?

One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 01:47:12 pm »
Or maybe..just maybe..it's your hardware? You know when it works for millions and millions and not for a select few..then can we question it being the hardware?

Therein lies the problem. What hardware is it? Linux has yet to error out on me or blame any problems on hardware.

Windows would not tell me either. It would just restart.

There is the difference. Linux doesn't. I think Linux can handle my hardware better. ;)
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 01:49:49 pm »

Therein lies the problem. What hardware is it? Linux has yet to error out on me or blame any problems on hardware.

Windows would not tell me either. It would just restart.

There is the difference. Linux doesn't. I think Linux can handle my hardware better. ;)

Stick with whatever works then, but it's not a reasonable attack on an OS. I could very well say my [insert very expensive new and flashy driver here] does not work on linux..it must be inferior. Is that fair to Linux? No.

I know you guys are mostly anti-windows but cmon, that's rediculous.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 01:56:22 pm »
Stick with whatever works then, but it's not a reasonable attack on an OS. I could very well say my [insert very expensive new and flashy driver here] does not work on linux..it must be inferior. Is that fair to Linux? No.

Aren't you the one who uses "lack of drivers" (see your above example calling Linux inferior) as an argument against Linux?
- Newby

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 01:57:20 pm »

Aren't you the one who uses "lack of drivers" (see your above example calling Linux inferior) as an argument against Linux?

Yes? You guys blindly flame Windows (As seen above) so I do the same. Feels bad right?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 01:58:13 pm »

Yes? You guys blindly flame Windows (As seen above) so I do the same. Feels bad right?

Not really. Hehe. There's no arguing driver support in Linux is shabby. My friend just switched back to OS X because Ubuntu and Yellow Dog Linux failed to completely replace OS X on his G5.
- Newby

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 02:02:53 pm »

Not really. Hehe. There's no arguing driver support in Linux is shabby. My friend just switched back to OS X because Ubuntu and Yellow Dog Linux failed to completely replace OS X on his G5.

Well then I'd call bad support for ONE driver in Windows (probably vendors fault anyhow) out of the thousands (probably millions) they support not too bad.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 02:09:53 pm »
anyone wanna post some screenshots?...

als, do you have to go the dvd iso route or is there a way you can do it in like ... 6 cds? 

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 02:15:49 pm »
Do you guys like it better than XP?

And screenshots would be awesome :D
errr... something like that...