Author Topic: Windows Vista Beta 2 Available for Download  (Read 13523 times)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Vista Beta 2 Available for Download
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 02:18:12 pm »
I like XP better. AFAIK, it comes only as an DVD iso. I would post screenshots if I could actually take some! Wait... forget taking screenshots... I need to actually boot!
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 02:25:25 pm »
dvd,ew...anyone wanna burn & mail me one ;)?
maybe there is a way I can order one from them

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 02:43:42 pm »
I'm sure they have DVDs burned for developers, but I doubt it's something publicly available :)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2006, 02:57:17 pm »
dvd,ew...anyone wanna burn & mail me one ;)?
maybe there is a way I can order one from them
Yes there is... if you would visit their website and look all this information up ^^.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2006, 03:02:23 pm »
Do you guys like it better than XP?

And screenshots would be awesome :D

I like it better than XP, it still has some hardware problems (Thank LDDM) but it will get there.

New Explorer

Windows Photo Gallery

New Control Panel

Windows Calandar
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2006, 03:17:53 pm »
15 gigs, hmmm, sad.......I have 18 free on my laptop..........maybe I'll ditch fedora

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2006, 03:19:07 pm »
15 gigs, hmmm, sad.......I have 18 free on my laptop..........maybe I'll ditch fedora

ATTA BOY ATTA BOY.

One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2006, 04:57:05 pm »
..Why the hell does an OS need to be so flashy?!  Seriously.  The "it's taking load off the cpu and giving it to the GPU" reason is bullshit -- it can do that without being so ugly.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2006, 05:30:12 pm »
@ Warrior: You think it's worth switching over to as of right now?
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2006, 05:47:54 pm »
..Why the hell does an OS need to be so flashy?!  Seriously.  The "it's taking load off the cpu and giving it to the GPU" reason is bullshit -- it can do that without being so ugly.

I think it looks cool.

I hope you're able to answer your own question, because I believe it's very obvious.

A majority of computer users enjoy flashy screens, pretty buttons and "stupid mode" interfaces.  For those who don't like that, they can change it to an older theme.  It's Windows... I'm sure that it's supported.  The XP theme takes up more resources than the classic theme does.  It takes 15 seconds to switch between the two.  I doubt it will be much different on Vista.  I don't see what you're bitching about.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2006, 07:36:12 pm »
@ Warrior: You think it's worth switching over to as of right now?

Not really, unless you are sure you can work with the task of maybe not having all the drivers instantly and having to look through google for bug fixes and continuously upgrading (When Vista RC1 comes out).

I'll wait until RC1 until I give it the all green (If I give it the all green). But currently there are some problems which make it look bad. I don't want people to have a bad experience with Vista in beta, then hate it forever.

If you're willing to go into it with an Open mind and accept that it IS beta software, then I'd say it's worth a try on a backup PC / Virtual Machine (You need like 2-3 Gigs of ram for this)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2006, 07:38:11 pm »
A majority of computer users enjoy flashy screens, pretty buttons and "stupid mode" interfaces.  For those who don't like that, they can change it to an older theme.  It's Windows... I'm sure that it's supported.  The XP theme takes up more resources than the classic theme does.  It takes 15 seconds to switch between the two.  I doubt it will be much different on Vista.  I don't see what you're bitching about.
I'm not in the majority.  I doubt those older themes send the stuff to the GPU as opposed to the CPU.  However, I probably won't be using Vista for a long time (even if I do pirate it) so I could care less.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2006, 07:45:13 pm »
A majority of computer users enjoy flashy screens, pretty buttons and "stupid mode" interfaces.  For those who don't like that, they can change it to an older theme.  It's Windows... I'm sure that it's supported.  The XP theme takes up more resources than the classic theme does.  It takes 15 seconds to switch between the two.  I doubt it will be much different on Vista.  I don't see what you're bitching about.
I'm not in the majority.  I doubt those older themes send the stuff to the GPU as opposed to the CPU.  However, I probably won't be using Vista for a long time (even if I do pirate it) so I could care less.

You know..you're wrong.
It DOES offload it to the GPU, and the lag is not from CPU stress..it's from low FPS while rendering the desktop. PLEASE before making such a stupid assertion look up your facts. Not to mention you can turn it off, here to please you more you have a choice between the Vista Basic UI (GDI+ rendered) and the Classic UI (Also GDI+ rendered).

Jesus christ..

Let's taken into thought the complex calculations done for every window in 3D space? How about the live renders of Windows while you simultaeneously scroll through them using Flip3D? Hell, even the shadows are complex. They are probably done per pixel and the glass transparency channel being recalculated whenever a window is moved? How about the dynamic resizing of a glass window while playing a video and recalculating coordinates for new shadows? If you would have ALL OF THAT on the CPU, you'd start to see smoke protrude from your PC.

.....my god.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2006, 09:10:05 pm »
Ok... I think I got to not crash... here's a REAL SS from an actual user. Not those professional SS that Warrior posts :D

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2006, 12:22:50 am »

I think Warrior's post about sums it up.

Before you go assuming things that you haven't the slightest clue about (other than making that conclusion supports your point), I suggest you do some research.

They've clearly managed the technology to support GPU rendered graphics.  Why the hell would the choose to not use it for less complicated themes?  "Sure!  Let's load the graphics card with a bunch of shit, but then not use it at all when the user switches to a simpler theme!"  Think about what you're proposing...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 12:24:27 am by Sidoh »