Author Topic: Windows Vista Beta 2 Available for Download  (Read 13468 times)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: Windows Vista Beta 2 Available for Download
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2006, 05:13:29 am »
Or maybe..just maybe..it's your hardware? You know when it works for millions and millions and not for a select few..then can we question it being the hardware?

Therein lies the problem. What hardware is it? Linux has yet to error out on me or blame any problems on hardware.

Windows would not tell me either. It would just restart.

There is the difference. Linux doesn't. I think Linux can handle my hardware better. ;)
See, this is just you not understanding how to diagnose XP.  There is a boot-up option menu called "Disable automatic restart."  This is also an option in the System Properties dialog (Advanced, Startup and Recovery, Automatically Restart).  I arm myself with WinDbg (free) and a full kernel dump (as opposed to a minidump, which is the default option for XP Home/Pro), and find out very quickly what the problem is.  This is an example of your ignorance causing you to blame Windows as problematic as opposed to your driver.  You can't determine which driver is the problem because you're not educated enough.

Athlon 2200+
768 MB RAM
Geforce 5600
Is that good enough? It's my dad's computer that's all I can remember off the top of my head.
That should be enough.  Aero scales back automatically and should disable glass (transparency) with that I believe.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2006, 06:53:34 am »
Ok... I think I got to not crash... here's a REAL SS from an actual user. Not those professional SS that Warrior posts :D

Ouch that Vista is crying.
Anyhow, those SSes are taken from someone doing a review (He has badass hardware though, like 3GB of ram, a killer processor and a 7900GTX)
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2006, 09:34:35 am »

Athlon 2200+
768 MB RAM
Geforce 5600
Is that good enough? It's my dad's computer that's all I can remember off the top of my head.
That should be enough.  Aero scales back automatically and should disable glass (transparency) with that I believe.
Too bad it didn't eh?
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2006, 07:51:42 pm »
They've clearly managed the technology to support GPU rendered graphics.  Why the hell would the choose to not use it for less complicated themes?  "Sure!  Let's load the graphics card with a bunch of shit, but then not use it at all when the user switches to a simpler theme!"  Think about what you're proposing...
It IS Microsoft, and I have been royally screwed by them before.  I wouldn't doubt that at all.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2006, 08:15:04 pm »
They've clearly managed the technology to support GPU rendered graphics.  Why the hell would the choose to not use it for less complicated themes?  "Sure!  Let's load the graphics card with a bunch of shit, but then not use it at all when the user switches to a simpler theme!"  Think about what you're proposing...
It IS Microsoft, and I have been royally screwed by them before.  I wouldn't doubt that at all.

I give up.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2006, 08:49:38 pm »
Aero is built on the new desktop composition engine called Desktop Window Manager, adding support for 3D graphics, translucency, window animation and other visual effects. This mode is also known as Aero Glass.

* Intended for mainstream and high-end graphics cards.
    * 64 MB of graphics memory recommended for 1024x768, 128 MB for 1600x1200+.
    * At least 32 bits per pixel.
    * 3D hardware acceleration with capabilities equal to DirectX 9.0c.
    * A memory bandwidth of 2 GB/s is recommended.
    * Capable of drawing ~1.5 M triangles / second, one window being ~150 triangles.
    * A graphics card that uses AGP 8X or PCI Express x16 bus.
    * Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) Drivers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista#Graphics

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2006, 11:36:12 pm »
Why do you need to be connected to install? That's fucking stupid. What if you are mass deploying and all of them accessing the internet at once will cause world chaos?

See, this is just you not understanding how to diagnose XP.  There is a boot-up option menu called "Disable automatic restart."  This is also an option in the System Properties dialog (Advanced, Startup and Recovery, Automatically Restart).  I arm myself with WinDbg (free) and a full kernel dump (as opposed to a minidump, which is the default option for XP Home/Pro), and find out very quickly what the problem is.  This is an example of your ignorance causing you to blame Windows as problematic as opposed to your driver.  You can't determine which driver is the problem because you're not educated enough.

I realize you can disable it. I don't think I could read kernel dumps so eh?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 11:37:45 pm by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2006, 11:40:32 pm »
Why do you need to be connected to install? That's fucking stupid. What if you are mass deploying and all of them accessing the internet at once will cause world chaos?

I realize you can disable it. I don't think I could read kernel dumps so eh?
Holy fucking shit.  It's SO EASY.

Windbg - Open Crash Dump (find the file, usually Windows\MEMORY.DMP)
!analyze -v

It tells you the faulting module 98% of the time.

GFG

---

As for why you need to be connected for the install, it's to download dynamic updates.  If you're mass-deploying you'd probably use the preinstallation environment or something similar.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2006, 11:43:29 pm »
Holy fucking shit.  It's SO EASY.

Windbg - Open Crash Dump (find the file, usually Windows\MEMORY.DMP)
!analyze -v

It tells you the faulting module 98% of the time.

GFG

Well EXCUSE ME for not having any experience (ok fine, damn near none, I tried debugging a game once to hack it :P) with WinDbg.

Maybe someday I'll try that. Heh. I'd swear it was my sound card, though.

As for why you need to be connected for the install, it's to download dynamic updates.  If you're mass-deploying you'd probably use the preinstallation environment or something similar.

Hooray! Kill M$'s bandwidth!
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2006, 02:41:04 am »
Ahh, here we are.  This is my desktop:

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2006, 02:53:19 am »
Now I've got your real name, and I can hunt you down and kill you!

(At least I am not the only one who uses their full name for their login name on Windows... heh.)
- Newby

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2006, 04:18:57 am »
Now I've got your real name, and I can hunt you down and kill you!

(At least I am not the only one who uses their full name for their login name on Windows... heh.)
James T. Kirk is not your real name, Newby.  :P

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2006, 12:20:11 pm »
:(.
- Newby