Author Topic: RIAA Claims P2P Has Been Contained  (Read 7234 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: RIAA Claims P2P Has Been Contained
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 08:06:49 pm »
By initiating a "War on Terror", we conceded victory to the terrorists.  I hate to break it to you, Warrior, but we already lost.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 08:09:53 pm »
By initiating a "War on Terror", we conceded victory to the terrorists.  I hate to break it to you, Warrior, but we already lost.
uhm, no.  If we didnt do anything to try & prevent more attacks we'd be DUMB AS HELL.  People aren't running in circles right now like they were on 9/11, we're just living more cautiously

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 08:15:41 pm »

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 08:38:28 pm »

...and by what incredibly twisted logic do you think that?
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 09:07:03 pm »
I don't think the terrorists have won, but the fact that everybody is scared of terrorists shows that they're winning.  If the government had quietly fought against terrorists without getting the people all riled up, then the terrorists would be losing.  Of course, without the threat of terrorists, people might realize what a lousy job their government is doing... :P

In Iraq they had Hussein and his sons / henchmen financing insurgency, we caught/killed them. We killed the other Al-quada leader that financed them and organized attacks. When we catch Bin Laden it will be the straw that broke the camels back. Al-Quada will collapse. Terrorism however will not be eliminated, this is why the war does not stop with Iraq. We vowed to exterminate every last bit of terrorism on the planet and goddamn we're going to do itl
What happens if American citizens try to rise up and overthrow the government?  Will the US declare war on itself again? 

If the war on terror is declared victorious (I have my doubt that it will be), the government will be force to find something/someone else to blame for its problems.  See also: 1984

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 09:28:10 pm »

The point of terrorism is to disrupt and scare.  The War on Terrorism diverts a large portion of our time to hunting down terrorists and really freaks out a lot of Americans.  If we didn't have full press spreads about it every day, the terrorists would not have achieved their goal of changing our country and scaring our citizens.  They wanted to screw with us, and that's exactly what they did.  They win.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 09:30:14 pm »
People rising up against the government (in the US) are assumed traitors until they win. Then they are heroes for liberating an oppresive government.

We've never declared war on ourselves, we declared war on the Confederate States, a nation which suceeded from the united states.

What do you mean blame for it's problems? I see nothing wrong with the way my government is handling anything. The way we've handled the entire terrorist situation is model, it's the way every incident regarding terrorism should be handled. Heighten security and kill them.

Would you propose (so that we don't show them we're scared) we open the borders to the united states? How about drop airport security? Of course you don't because then you'd probably cry about how we're not secure enough blahblah. It's a never ending story and anyone who doesn't live in the US is never happy with anything we do. Oh well, too damn bad for you.

When the same thing that happened to Madrid happens to other countries maybe they will see it the way of the United States. You know, since Madrid had no previous quarrel with the terrorists. These people do it to spread fear. They don't do it in all part because we're attacking them. They find a target with a high death rate and attack it. It's how they think.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 09:30:46 pm »

The point of terrorism is to disrupt and scare.  The War on Terrorism diverts a large portion of our time to hunting down terrorists and really freaks out a lot of Americans.  If we didn't have full press spreads about it every day, the terrorists would not have achieved their goal of changing our country and scaring our citizens.  They wanted to screw with us, and that's exactly what they did.  They win.

Yea that really beats us killing them. I'd say the one who kills the most a-rabs wins. We win.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 12:05:29 am »
I don't think the terrorists have won, but the fact that everybody is scared of terrorists shows that they're winning.  If the government had quietly fought against terrorists without getting the people all riled up, then the terrorists would be losing.  Of course, without the threat of terrorists, people might realize what a lousy job their government is doing... :P

Oh, yeah, quietly fight them...like by phone tapping & such...?  Yeah, what happens when reporters & such leak sensitive info like that?

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 07:19:35 pm »
We're going to win the war on terror. Highly improbable the most powerful individual army on the planet will lose to a bunch of emo-arabs with rpgs.

That's pretty much what happened in Viet Nam. 

It's like software engineering: in some cases, throwing more bodies at a problem doesn't solve it.  See my signature. 

We can win out by force, in Vietnam we were crippled and we could only bomb select cites chosen by Washington. The combined guerilla tactics and dense jungle is what made the US pull out, not to mention the growing lack of popularity for the war.

In Iraq they had Hussein and his sons / henchmen financing insurgency, we caught/killed them. We killed the other Al-quada leader that financed them and organized attacks. When we catch Bin Laden it will be the straw that broke the camels back. Al-Quada will collapse. Terrorism however will not be eliminated, this is why the war does not stop with Iraq. We vowed to exterminate every last bit of terrorism on the planet and goddamn we're going to do itl

Have you read Sun Tzu's 'Art of War' ?  I highly recommend you do before claming that we are winning the war on terrorism because according to Sun Tzu, we are getting clowned ;)

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 09:22:35 pm »
We're going to win the war on terror. Highly improbable the most powerful individual army on the planet will lose to a bunch of emo-arabs with rpgs.

That's pretty much what happened in Viet Nam. 

It's like software engineering: in some cases, throwing more bodies at a problem doesn't solve it.  See my signature. 

We can win out by force, in Vietnam we were crippled and we could only bomb select cites chosen by Washington. The combined guerilla tactics and dense jungle is what made the US pull out, not to mention the growing lack of popularity for the war.

Have you read Sun Tzu's 'Art of War' ?  I highly recommend you do before claming that we are winning the war on terrorism because according to Sun Tzu, we are getting clowned ;)

Then he is a fool.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006, 09:43:38 pm »
What I find most amazing is that he wasn't even alive during the war on terror.  ;)
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 11:52:17 pm »
What I find most amazing is that he wasn't even alive during the war on terror.  ;)

It doesn't make his basic principles of wars inapplicable to modern warfare.  As iago semi-pointed out, using Sun Tzu like tactics is how we were 'defeated' in Vietnam.