Author Topic: I've Figured Out How to Reduce Space Used on iago's Computer by the SQL Tables  (Read 3764 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
If we stop quoting posts directly above our reply.  Sure, it'll kill our fun a little, but it will save iago space :)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
If we stop quoting posts directly above our reply.  Sure, it'll kill our fun a little, but it will save iago space :)

Huh? I guess me and Sidoh contribute the most to that problem.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Warrior

• View Profile

or we could stop using such long topic titles :OO
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
I'd be shocked if our posts took up much more than 100MB of his 40GB on darkside. Doing obvious math shows that the posts take less space than the avatars we've uploaded.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
If just every word save of.
(If we just used every other word we'd save alot of space)

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
how bout we jus stop usin such big word so we use les spce?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
It annoys me a lot when people don't quote the post they're replying to, for several reasons:

- The post to which a post is replying is very often ambiguous (maybe it was two or three posts ago and they forgot to press 'quote'?). 
- In many cases, I don't remember the previous post, or I skim over it.  Then, when I get to the post in question, I have to scroll back up instead of seeing what they said
- Often, I only reply to part of a post, so I only quote that part.  It ensures that people know who to whom I am talking and which point I am addressing

Sometimes I don't quote the post if they're both short posts and it's blatantly obvious to what I'm responding.  But more often than not, I prefer people quoting. 

Now, if you want to save space, I prefer it when posters remove irrelevant nested quotes.  In some cases, nested quotes are useful (if what you're posting doesn't make sense without them), but in most cases they are useless and take up room. 

And incidentally, the partition containing MySQL's databases is 17gb.  All of SMF's tables take up 57mb.  I'm not worried about space. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 07:24:01 pm by iago »

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
Okay.  Whatever.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Okay.  Whatever.

An alternative way to save space would be to enable compression!
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
r myb jst nt s vwls nemr n jst s AOLTALKROFL

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Z0MG V0\/\/3LZ!!!
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Whatever you do, just don't issue any more SQL commands.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
UPDATE `life` SET `lord` = 'stfu' WHERE `nobody` = 'cares'

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile

Sad thing is I could read that.

/sigh
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.