Author Topic: Being homosexual is apparently a mental disorder  (Read 6553 times)

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
Being homosexual is apparently a mental disorder
« on: June 21, 2006, 01:06:51 am »
At least according to the Pentagon. Clicky!

Instruction 1332.38 on disabilities in the US military classes being gay under the same heading as mental retardation, personality disorders and alcoholism.
errr... something like that...

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: Being homosexual is apparently a mental disorder
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 02:19:18 am »
LOL
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 02:40:33 am »
Wow.  That's completely rediculous.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 08:16:24 am »

Instruction 1332.38 on disabilities in the US military classes being gay under the same heading as mental retardation, personality disorders and alcoholism.
Yeah we sort of established that the government is stupid and wrong and that homosexuality isn't a disease.  But nice find.  You should see if GLAAD knows about it.

[edit]
I forget his last name, but a comedian on (dun dun dun) Comedy Central Presents talked about this:
Man..If I were in the army, I'd want to be in the 'All Gay Platoon'.  Think about it.  If you're stuck in a fox hole, wouldn't you want the guy you're with to love your ass as much as you do?

It's like [high pitched voice] "O MY GOD!! THEY SHOT LUIS!!!???" *Rambo sound effects*
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:18:30 am by rabbit »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 09:26:30 am »
Homer: Here's a question that's crossed out.
Navy Officer: Well... Due to recent presidential order, we're not allowed to ask that particular question.
Homer: Wait, I think I could make it out. Are you a homos...
Navy Officer: For God's sake, don't answer that, I could go to jail!
Homer: But I'm not a homo...
Navy Officer: (covering his ears) Lalalalalala... I am not listening. Lalalalalala... (leaves)
Homer: Hehe... Nice fella. I wonder whether he is gay?

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 09:41:30 am »

Yeah we sort of established that the government is stupid and wrong and that homosexuality isn't a disease.  But nice find.  You should see if GLAAD knows about it.

[edit]
I forget his last name, but a comedian on (dun dun dun) Comedy Central Presents talked about this:
Man..If I were in the army, I'd want to be in the 'All Gay Platoon'.  Think about it.  If you're stuck in a fox hole, wouldn't you want the guy you're with to love your ass as much as you do?

It's like [high pitched voice] "O MY GOD!! THEY SHOT LUIS!!!???" *Rambo sound effects*

Pablo Francisco?
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 09:47:14 am »

[edit]

Pablo Francisco?
Pablo Francisco != Luis Something

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 10:17:53 am »

[edit]

Pablo Francisco?
Pablo Francisco != Luis Something

Hrm, remembered that from Pablo Francisco. Look it up on comedycentral.com
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 12:48:15 pm »
maybe not a mental disease, just a chemical imbalance that can be fixed?

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 01:12:05 pm »
Even if it was, who are you to say it is an "imbalance"? Couldn't we say that homosexuals are normal, it just so happens that the majority of the population of "chemically imbalanced"?
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 01:14:00 pm »

rabbit, no, we haven't.  We haven't established whether it's genetic (nature vs. nurture), and if it's not genetic, whether it's nurture vs. choice. 

We haven't established these things because there have not been controlled, conclusive studies about them.  Show me the university study where they tried to raise someone gay, or they cross-bred gays and lesbians for several generations to see if they became gay.

Even if it was, who are you to say it is an "imbalance"? Couldn't we say that homosexuals are normal, it just so happens that the majority of the population of "chemically imbalanced"?
If it was a naturally-occurring imbalance, this tendency naturally selects against the homosexual population.  Evolutionarily speaking, it is abnormal.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 01:34:26 pm »
If it was a naturally-occurring imbalance, this tendency naturally selects against the homosexual population.  Evolutionarily speaking, it is abnormal.
Thats what I'm getting at.  It is abnormal.  It impedes society in a way.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 01:35:13 pm »
I personally believe its nature's way of saying "you're all fucking too much".  That or it's God toying with the ultra-conservatives.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 01:36:45 pm »
I personally believe its nature's way of saying "you're all fucking too much".  That or it's God toying with the ultra-conservatives.
...maybe AIDS & Hitler was that too?

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 01:38:47 pm »
No..AIDS was meant for monkies, and then some weirdo went and did a monkey.  Hitler was evil.  That's all there was to him.  Hitler didn't directly block reproduction, so much as prevent/extinguish life.  There's a difference.