Author Topic: The Scourge Invasion!  (Read 4722 times)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
The Scourge Invasion!
« on: June 21, 2006, 10:33:10 am »
Walking out of SW I caught a glimpse of the floating castle...

And while queue'ing up for WSG I saw Onxyia like this!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 12:54:57 pm by Furious »
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: The Scourge Invasion!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 01:41:14 pm »
Oh-ned hardcore.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 03:26:47 pm »
I'm not sure exactly what caused that particular issue with Onyxia, but I've seen the same thing happen when someone kites a Servent of Ajastras or whatever they're called from The Blasted Lands.  The ones that don't die... ever--unless you destroy a crystal while they're in range or something like that.

It took us 2 hours to drag it back outside of the city.  A Warrior would taunt it off of Bolvar and bring it a yard or so, wait for the cooldown and do it again.

If the Highlord isn't there when someone starts their Onyxia quest, that's the result.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 10:17:24 pm »
From an educated guess, it seems the condition to fire that bug would be someone in combat in Stormwind Keep. Except kitings, Onyxia, and the defias spy quest, I don't think anyone should ever get in combat in there.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 10:19:48 pm »
From an educated guess, it seems the condition to fire that bug would be someone in combat in Stormwind Keep. Except kitings, Onyxia, and the defias spy quest, I don't think anyone should ever get in combat in there.

No.  It's when Highlord Bolvar Fordragon is preoccupied with something while he plays a role in a combat, such as the Onyxia encounter in the keep.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 04:00:16 am »
Yeah!  Free weapon training, ftw!
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 10:48:36 am »
I have seen alot of strange things in my time but that Onyxia bug takes the cake. Sidoh so what your saying if you kite one of the servers of [I dont know] from the blasted lands. She happens to appear as one of those Dragon welps? I have seen people kite Lord Kazak "lvl 500 raid boss FTW" And it seems to me that all of SW gets shoot down once he starts killing the lvl 62 elites outside.

Anyways back on topic. The new patch looks sick as hell. I always loved to play the Scourge on TFT going to northern and beating the shit out of the Naga and blood elfs. I wonder what happens if left unchecked does the city get taken over, or does blizzard simply restart the server?
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 03:39:54 pm »
I have seen alot of strange things in my time but that Onyxia bug takes the cake. Sidoh so what your saying if you kite one of the servers of [I dont know] from the blasted lands. She happens to appear as one of those Dragon welps? I have seen people kite Lord Kazak "lvl 500 raid boss FTW" And it seems to me that all of SW gets shoot down once he starts killing the lvl 62 elites outside.

No.  Prestor turns into Onyxia when someone starts the last part of their Onyxia quest.  The Highlord plays a crucial role in that battle, so if he's preoccupied, it doesn't continue past Katrana Prestor turning into Onyxia.  She just stands there, a friendly NPC waiting for Bolvar to return.

Anyways back on topic. The new patch looks sick as hell. I always loved to play the Scourge on TFT going to northern and beating the shit out of the Naga and blood elfs. I wonder what happens if left unchecked does the city get taken over, or does blizzard simply restart the server?

They don't.  The invasion is lame.  The ones outside the capital citites bring out level 6 undead...

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 04:16:47 pm »
Invasion was overhyped. I expected EVERYWHERE to be overrun. I expected Horde + Alliance to overlook their difference in order to stop this. I expected cities to fall followed by a huge instance appearing and whichever server stopped the Scourge invasion first won.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 10:11:19 pm »
The horde and alliance did overlook teir differences. Two words: Argent Dawn.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 10:23:38 pm »

I think it was pretty clear he meant player characters.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 10:53:01 pm »

I think it was pretty clear he meant player characters.

That will never happen. Look at the AQ opening for Thunderlord "and every other server" Horde and Alliance were owning eachother left and right.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 11:01:51 pm »
That will never happen. Look at the AQ opening for Thunderlord "and every other server" Horde and Alliance were owning eachother left and right.

We have those outbreaks too, but the combined efforts of both factions have been seen in both world events.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 12:49:51 pm »
Stormwind is fun. My lv14 Warrior helped kill a skelleton and got owned by an Abomination. Lol it was me, a lv24, and a lv50 Guard.

The guard was taking all the aggro and we were trying (I emphasize trying) to help him. He was dying quickly. So I tell the guy "As soon as he dies I'ma outta here.." but JUST THEN a lv60 Warrior comes in and starts to slice the shit out of him. After a few seconds our combined forces knock him down and they let ME loot. I got some sort of rune or crystal or something started with an N like Necroptic Rune or someshit and like 18 silver. :D

Pretty fun. They had most of cathedral square and they even fell into the Trade District. Pretty intense I just wish I was stronger.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 05:06:30 pm »
Necronic Runes are very valuable.  I'm pretty sure they're used as tokens to get epic AD gear.