Author Topic: Homosexuality, the religion of atheism, and the future of human prejudice?  (Read 8974 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

(Look at the spelling if you don't get it.)
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile

::)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile

Oh God, you are so witty! :D

You guys missed the point completely.  The point of the thread was to talk about the dangers of saying things like 'we should cure them'!
I don't think it's possible to cure homosexuality.  I believe that homosexuality is due to environmental conditions when the person is growing up and what they are exposed to.  I don't think you can cure a thought or belief in someones head.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
You guys missed the point completely.  The point of the thread was to talk about the dangers of saying things like 'we should cure them'!
...because atheism is so popular/strong/whatever?

I'm not saying it should be prioritized over other REAL health problems, but one could argue it should be fixed.

One could just as easily argue that people like you need to undergo psychological treatment.
Since I'm not gay, I believe it'd be hard to argue that I need psych treatment for being gay ;)

rabbit, I have a friend that doesnt like taking his ADD medicine, but society(doctors, teachers, parents) make him take it...he doesn like being on the drugs
What was the point of saying that?
that was cause rabbit mentioned something about people not wanting to be treated.

NOTE: I just babble about most of this, I dont think we should waste time/money/energy on curing gay people or anything that trivial, I'd WAY rather cure cancer/aids/alzheimers/parkinsons/diabetes/etc.  I just believe homosexuality is wrong & I justify my belief by saying that there is something (mental, chemical, choice, or otherwise) wrong with homosexuality.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Since I'm not gay, I believe it'd be hard to argue that I need psych treatment for being gay ;)

I wasn't talking about your sexual preference.  I was talking about your obvious biased opinion of people who do have a sexual preference other than your own.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
I'm not saying it should be prioritized over other REAL health problems, but one could argue it should be fixed.
One could just as easily argue that people like you need to undergo psychological treatment.
I wasn't talking about your sexual preference.  I was talking about your obvious biased opinion of people who do have a sexual preference other than your own.
Whats wrong with me believing that someone else is wrong?

I haven't imposed my view upon them.  Should I not be allowed to express my opinion?  Maybe we ought to have a communist revolution so we can supress everyones' opinions & ideas ;)

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
If you're against imposing opinions, why aren't you against imposing your sexual orientation onto others?
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
If you're against imposing opinions, why aren't you against imposing your sexual orientation onto others?
1) I havent imposed my sexual orientation on other people
2) It only makes sense that they are wrong about their orientation

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
rabbit, I have a friend that doesnt like taking his ADD medicine, but society(doctors, teachers, parents) make him take it...he doesn like being on the drugs

To me, that sounds like you want to force others to take the hormone balancing drug, therefore alter their sexual orientation. They might be 'wrong' about their sexual orientation, but as long as it isn't harming anyone, there is no logical reason(to me, that is) to change it.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
I didnt say that...I just gave rabbit an example of society forcing people to be "fixed" when they dont want to be

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
I didnt say that...I just gave rabbit an example of society forcing people to be "fixed" when they dont want to be

Homosexuals don't interfere with others' learning experience.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile

Unless they are around a bunch of homophobic people.  ^^
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile

exactly!;)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh

Homophobia is instilled in the minds of young people because homosexuality is "morally" wrong.  I would conclude that most homosexuals are quiet about their sexual preferance in attempt to avoid ridicule.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
But it would still disrupt the learning environment.  Someone does have to come out of the closest for other people to know/think that they are gay. :)
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus