Author Topic: Middleware?  (Read 2357 times)

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
Middleware?
« on: June 22, 2006, 11:21:30 am »
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/info/takebackcontrol/us/index.jsp?orgid=007&brid=002&S_TACT=106AC01W&S_CMP=tbc_banner

BM's Information Management portfolio delivers the right information to the right people or processes at the right time - so they can act on it. Capture, integrate, analyze and manage all forms of data for all kinds of workloads and applications. It's modular, scalable and flexible: IBM Information Management middleware is designed to support structured and unstructured data and business services so you can capitalize on the true business value of your information.

I never heard of such a term? I have heard of adware, spyware, shareware, freeware, and many others but never of middleware? Could somebody explain to me what it is?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:43:15 am by ZeroX »
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
Re: Middleware?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 11:39:53 am »
Its the software version of a middleman.  You might have two applications that your company uses heavily.  One used by salespeople and another used by behind-the-scenes employees.  If they need to share information readily but don't have an easy way for the two applications to 'converse', a middleware application might act as a buffer between the two in order to ensure smooth operation and improve efficiency.

That's just one, simple example of course.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
Re: Middleware?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 11:44:25 am »
Its the software version of a middleman.  You might have two applications that your company uses heavily.  One used by salespeople and another used by behind-the-scenes employees.  If they need to share information readily but don't have an easy way for the two applications to 'converse', a middleware application might act as a buffer between the two in order to ensure smooth operation and improve efficiency.

That's just one, simple example of course.

Thank you.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.