Author Topic: Homosexuality, the religion of atheism, and the future of human prejudice?  (Read 8895 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Unless they are around a bunch of homophobic people.  ^^

Homophobia is instilled in the minds of young people because homosexuality is "morally" wrong.  I would conclude that most homosexuals are quiet about their sexual preferance in attempt to avoid ridicule.
I dont think homophobia really exists...people just call the disagreement homophobia. 

Also, I think I might agree that alot or even most gays are quiet about their orientation...they aren't the ones "stirring up trouble" tho.  The overly flamboyant(?) ones that have more mood swings than a pregnant woman with hot flashes on her period (yes, I know, not possible, but still).

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile

Homophobia is instilled in the minds of young people because homosexuality is "morally" wrong.  I would conclude that most homosexuals are quiet about their sexual preferance in attempt to avoid ridicule.
I dont think homophobia really exists...people just call the disagreement homophobia. 

Also, I think I might agree that alot or even most gays are quiet about their orientation...they aren't the ones "stirring up trouble" tho.  The overly flamboyant(?) ones that have more mood swings than a pregnant woman with hot flashes on her period (yes, I know, not possible, but still).
Most phobia's don't really *exist*.  They are just something the person created in their mind.  Nothing more.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
Isn't that what a phobia is?
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
But it would still disrupt the learning environment.  Someone does have to come out of the closest for other people to know/think that they are gay. :)

Not really.  ADD disrupts the learning environment because they interupt the teacher, interupt the students and things of this nature.  A homosexual is simply present.  The agony inflicted on people who are intollerant of homosexuals is not the fault of the homosexual.

Most phobia's don't really *exist*.  They are just something the person created in their mind.  Nothing more.

Fear is a mental condition.  Of course they don't have an obvious physical presence.  That's stating the obvious.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github

Don't ask. Don't tell.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Don't ask. Don't tell.

That's an entirely different situation.  Don't Ask, Don't Tell entails intended, explicit punishment for making your "non-standard" sexual preferance known.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
But it would still disrupt the learning environment.  Someone does have to come out of the closest for other people to know/think that they are gay. :)

Not really.  ADD disrupts the learning environment because they interupt the teacher, interupt the students and things of this nature.  A homosexual is simply present.  The agony inflicted on people who are intollerant of homosexuals is not the fault of the homosexual.

Fear is a mental condition.  Of course they don't have an obvious physical presence.  That's stating the obvious.
Well of course that's just stating the obvious.. Mr. Stating the obvious about stating the obvious. :P

Wouldn't the "agony" inflicted on people because of a child with ADD not be the fault of the ADD child?  Weren't they born that way?  So it can't really be their fault if they were truely born with ADD and can't help themselfs.
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Well of course that's just stating the obvious.. Mr. Stating the obvious about stating the obvious. :P

Hey, you started it! :P

Wouldn't the "agony" inflicted on people because of a child with ADD not be the fault of the ADD child?  Weren't they born that way?  So it can't really be their fault if they were truely born with ADD and can't help themselfs.

But the type of disruptions that a student with ADD causes are much, much more real than the ones a homosexual causes.  People who feel disrupted in their learning environment because they are sitting in the same classroom with someone who's a homosexual should seek mental conditioning.  I have no reason to understand why someone would feel threatened by such a situation.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Would you be concerned while sitting in a classroom of druggies, or "blue collar" criminals, or some other non-mainstream group that is "wrong" in what they do?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Would you be concerned while sitting in a classroom of druggies, or "blue collar" criminals, or some other non-mainstream group that is "wrong" in what they do?

Unless they attempt to force decisions onto me that I'm uncomfortable with, no.  I wouldn't care in the least.  They're not doing anything to disrupt my learning experience, are they?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile

Unless they attempt to force decisions onto me that I'm uncomfortable with, no.  I wouldn't care in the least.  They're not doing anything to disrupt my learning experience, are they?
nah, they're just there.

but would they (being non-normal) being distracting on its own?

......nvm, I dont even know where I'm going with this anymore

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
but would they (being non-normal) being distracting on its own?

......nvm, I dont even know where I'm going with this anymore

Distracted by a presence is a mental condition, not a physical disability to pay attention due to distractions of sound and mislead conversation.  Mental conditions are obviously self insued, so they can easily be ridded of by choosing to ignore the said "issue."

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile

Hey, you started it! :P
Lmao. :D

And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus