Author Topic: Exalted!  (Read 6803 times)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
Re: Exalted!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 05:31:27 am »
What does he know about real work?  He probably doesn't have to do any real work to earn money to pay for his game time. ( If he is 15 )
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 06:25:20 am »
I was not talking about the priest, you yourself have posted many times how people send you weapons, in my case I've farmed for every peice of gear I own. (It's ALL pvp gear, thus I've put a huge amount of work into my rogue.)

Screenor, you joined a guild with BWL on farm status, when I joined my guild, we were not even close to Rag, now we're on Broodlord Lashlayer.  WHAT YOU'VE DONE IS NOT WORK.  Thank you, that will be all.
Just...shut up. The only peice of gear I've gotten from them is Nightslayer Gloves, what I've done with my character is infact work, and by Sidoh's definition a huge amount of time. Me getting into a good guild was my reward, my server has two guilds actually farming BWL, me being a rogue I was infact possibly one of the luckiest people there is to get in.
What does he know about real work?  He probably doesn't have to do any real work to earn money to pay for his game time. ( If he is 15 )
The fact that I'm 15 doesn't matter at all, I do infact take care of this whole house I live in because my parents are rarely here, much less I have a younger brother that I need to keep inline and make sure he gets what he needs to get done. I'd damn well say I've earned my money to play this game. (Chores or not, it's work, and a lot more then you will find most people my age doing.)

It's a tiger.  Why the fuck would I be in Ironforge?

Well, IF is a lot easier to make trips back and forth from the mailbox, I'd just fill up my bags with runecloth and then get a portal over to Darnassus. That's how I'd do it if I were a human, anyway.

Furious: How old are you? You act as if I'm not here in your posts. What do you mean "real work"? If you're doing something that makes you money, it's work. Period. You're a moron if you think anything else. For instance, my step-dad has a friend who all he does is sell things he finds at yard sales on ebay, and he lives in an amazingly nice house, and he's a good 55+ years old, and has more of a party life then most college students today, and he has all that free time to do so because he makes his work so easy, and knows how to make a comfortable living for himself.

I guarentee you that if people like Sidoh or Newby wanted, they could make more money then people twice their age, with half the physical "work" you seem to be getting at. Age is not an obstacle for most anything in this world, so I recommend you go rethink your logic.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 10:57:36 am »
When I actually do work, I generally get paid twice as much as my dad.

EDIT -
For clarification, I mean by hour.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 02:15:15 pm »
I was not talking about the priest, you yourself have posted many times how people send you weapons, in my case I've farmed for every peice of gear I own. (It's ALL pvp gear, thus I've put a huge amount of work into my rogue.)

Screenor, you joined a guild with BWL on farm status, when I joined my guild, we were not even close to Rag, now we're on Broodlord Lashlayer.  WHAT YOU'VE DONE IS NOT WORK.  Thank you, that will be all.
Just...shut up. The only peice of gear I've gotten from them is Nightslayer Gloves, what I've done with my character is infact work, and by Sidoh's definition a huge amount of time. Me getting into a good guild was my reward, my server has two guilds actually farming BWL, me being a rogue I was infact possibly one of the luckiest people there is to get in.
The fact that I'm 15 doesn't matter at all, I do infact take care of this whole house I live in because my parents are rarely here, much less I have a younger brother that I need to keep inline and make sure he gets what he needs to get done. I'd damn well say I've earned my money to play this game. (Chores or not, it's work, and a lot more then you will find most people my age doing.)

It's a tiger.  Why the fuck would I be in Ironforge?

Well, IF is a lot easier to make trips back and forth from the mailbox, I'd just fill up my bags with runecloth and then get a portal over to Darnassus. That's how I'd do it if I were a human, anyway.

Furious: How old are you? You act as if I'm not here in your posts. What do you mean "real work"? If you're doing something that makes you money, it's work. Period. You're a moron if you think anything else. For instance, my step-dad has a friend who all he does is sell things he finds at yard sales on ebay, and he lives in an amazingly nice house, and he's a good 55+ years old, and has more of a party life then most college students today, and he has all that free time to do so because he makes his work so easy, and knows how to make a comfortable living for himself.

I guarentee you that if people like Sidoh or Newby wanted, they could make more money then people twice their age, with half the physical "work" you seem to be getting at. Age is not an obstacle for most anything in this world, so I recommend you go rethink your logic.

That's not work, that's being a part of a family and helping out, that's a responsibility.  They feed you, cloth you, let you live there, you owe them.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 03:11:37 pm »
When I actually do work, I generally get paid twice as much as my dad.

EDIT -
For clarification, I mean by hour.

It's not a valid comparison, considering you've probably only worked once or twice. -_-

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2006, 07:13:43 pm »
I've worked several times. I pissed my money away like a kid, but I make incredible money when I actually do something.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2006, 07:24:25 pm »
but I make incredible money when I actually do something.

Most people can...

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 08:18:56 pm »
Isn't incredible relative? If most people could make incredible amounts of money, then it isn't so incredible.  :)
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 08:30:34 pm »
Isn't incredible relative? If most people could make incredible amounts of money, then it isn't so incredible.  :)

It depends on your frame of referance.  That aside, I said "can," implying a possiblity, not a continuing existance.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2006, 11:20:41 pm »
Well it wouldnt matter if it was even just possible. If I said "I can do this!" and someone else said "Well, so can I", and thousands of people chimed in, that wouldn't make what I can do very incredible. It just has to be possible to negate the incredibility.  :P
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 12:05:35 am »
Well it wouldnt matter if it was even just possible. If I said "I can do this!" and someone else said "Well, so can I", and thousands of people chimed in, that wouldn't make what I can do very incredible. It just has to be possible to negate the incredibility.  :P

Potential isn't incredible.  I said most people could.  I didn't say most people have, are or will apply their potential.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 12:39:34 am »
Well, let's put it this way. My parents payed me $20 for around 5 minutes of work, reformatting two computers for a garage sale. Figure that my dad makes $20 an hour.. gross ($10 takehome) and I'm making 12 times in net what he makes in gross.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2006, 03:55:52 am »
Well, let's put it this way. My parents payed me $20 for around 5 minutes of work, reformatting two computers for a garage sale. Figure that my dad makes $20 an hour.. gross ($10 takehome) and I'm making 12 times in net what he makes in gross.

Your hourly pay is higher.  Your net pay is not.  Parents often pay their children large sums of money for small amounts of work.  It is their way of rewarding their child for staying in line and encouraging them to continue that pattern.

His net pay would be listed on his pay check.  I'm nearly positive that number would be a lot higher than the one listed on your "paycheck."  If not, you'd probably be living in a refridgerator box. :P

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2006, 09:42:25 am »
It was less of me staying in line and more of me having an IT monopoly over this household, but yeah, I see where you're coming from.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 01:07:05 pm »
That's not work, that's being a part of a family and helping out, that's a responsibility.  They feed you, cloth you, let you live there, you owe them.
Your point? I don't see you saying I don't know what real work is anymore. If I wasn't here taking care of everything they don't do I guarentee this house probably wouldn't even be standing. This may sound conceited but it's how things work.