Announcements > [x86] Announcements

New Server

(1/13) > >>

iago:
Well, the x86 forum/site/everything is now running off a new server.  I've consolidated my systems into a single computer running VMWare. 

The specs of the system are:
- Intel CPU, 3.2ghz
- 2gb ram
- 250gb harddrive
- 8mb or so of shared video memory
- no sound

The machine is named Vetinari, who is the patrician of Ankh Morpork, and probably the more powerful person in Discworld. 

The virtual machines I have so far (there will be more) are:

Albert: database server.  Alberto Malich was the smartest and most powerful wizard on discworld.  He founded the Unseen University, which is the center of magical training on the Disc.  In an attempt to ward off death, he performed the Rite of Ashkente (a ritual to summon death) backwards.  He's never been seen since.  The reason is that instead of warding off Death, it summoned him TO Death.  in exchange for immortality, he's now Death's servant (and quite happy doing it).  I named the database server after him because of his brilliance and intelligence. 

Weatherwax: x86 web server (port 80).  Esme ("Granny") Weatherwax is probably the most powerful witch on the Disc.  She leads a coven of three witches, which reminded me of a clan, like x86. 

Carrot: forum web server (port 81).  Carrot Ironfoundersson is a human who was brought up by dwarves.  He is the rightful heir to the throne of Ankh Morpork, but he innocently pretends he doesn't know, because he doesn't want the responsibility of being a King.  He has buckets of Charisma, and everybody loves him.  He knows everybody that's going on in the city, and is friends with everybody, which is why I named the forum server after him. 

If anybody has any questions, or any problems with the new server, let me know.  Right now, all i've moved over is the forum, but there will be more later. 

iago:
x86's website is back at http://www.x86labs.org.  If there's any problems, let me know.

CrAz3D:

--- Quote from: iago on July 03, 2006, 06:17:16 pm ---x86's website is back at http://www.x86labs.org.  If there's any problems, let me know.

--- End quote ---
wow is that undated

Blaze:
You blew up all the themes but your new default one.  You're trying to convert us!

iago:
All the themes point to port 80, and I totally forgot about that.  I dont' have time to fix them all right now, but I'll fix mercury. 

If somebody else wants to fix the other themes (and delete the unused themes, that would be nice), the new info is:
Apache: /usr/apache2/htdocs/forum/Themes

Besides that, just add :81 to web paths. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version