Author Topic: While MS goes bigger, Apple goes faster  (Read 6374 times)

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
Re: While MS goes bigger, Apple goes faster
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 10:19:44 pm »
How much ram do you have? 768mb's of ram is working for me.
Although, i'm not nessecarly used to speed, my previous mac was a 200mhz w/ a sonnet upgrade to (700?)mhz, and had 128mb's of ram. And my linux computer was a Quadra650 (33mhz 64mb's of ram =).
And i dont run games like WoW, i ocasionly use Starcraft, or the halo demo, so i don't know the amount of ram it eats.

Maybe you can try quitting the finder when you play WoW? I found it made my speed in WCIII 2x times faster.

512 RAM. I need more. More, more, more.
I just would like to go through WSG, just ONCE, and not miss every battle that I'm told I take part in.
I've never thought about quitting Finder. The problem with that, though, is that I tend to switch to Finder every now and then while I'm playing, and shutting it down and bringing it back up every time would just be a pain in the arse.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 10:59:51 pm »
I run it on 1024MB of RAM, 2.8GHz non-HT single core. Runs just fine, except I get low FPS thanks to my lack of a graphics card.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 02:34:29 am »
I run it on 1024MB of RAM, 2.8GHz non-HT single core. Runs just fine, except I get low FPS thanks to my lack of a graphics card.
WoW seemed to actually run a lot smoother than the other MMORPGs I have tried.  The only times I ever slowed down were when I was in IF at peak times.  However, in SWG, it would slow to a slideshow any time I entered Theed or Coronet and sometimes even the Mining Outpost on Dantooine.
errr... something like that...

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2006, 11:02:25 am »
WoW seemed to actually run a lot smoother than the other MMORPGs I have tried.  The only times I ever slowed down were when I was in IF at peak times.  However, in SWG, it would slow to a slideshow any time I entered Theed or Coronet and sometimes even the Mining Outpost on Dantooine.
WTF? Since when do you play WoW?!
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2006, 12:45:12 pm »
This article is a load of bull. You're comparing an OS obviously in Beta to one not even announced yet? No one knows ANYTHING about Leapord.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2006, 04:33:42 pm »
WTF? Since when do you play WoW?!
I used to.  Like right after the CU in SWG.  I was upset with SOE and decided to try WoW.  I quit shortly thereafter.  And now, I decided to try it again cause I'm bored.

Edit: Really, though, it's not that bad if you find cool people to hang out with.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 05:02:29 pm by dark_drake »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2006, 04:41:53 pm »
I used to.  Like right after the CU in SWG.  I was upset with SOE and decided to try WoW.  I quit shortly thereafter.

You decided to quit again then, eh? :P

( He's been playing for the last week or so. )

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2006, 06:50:52 pm »
You decided to quit again then, eh? :P

( He's been playing for the last week or so. )
I believe WoW has earned another decent go around with me.  I quit the first time because it just couldn't compare to SWG's former glory, at least in my eyes.  And no, I haven't made up my mind yet.  Maybe if you sent more gold...