Author Topic: effects of shrooms  (Read 10073 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: effects of shrooms
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 04:00:14 pm »
I would not trust information from erowid.  It's basically what most drug users point to for the "unbiased" (positive/negative) information.  I imagine if you read on crack you'll get an equal number of "positives" to negatives.

Totally wrong. Erowid is ran by a comapany full time, and thier facts are well documented.

About Erowid

Erowid is a member-supported organization [.....]

If that's a company, then x86 is a company. 

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 05:16:58 pm »
We sell lemonade on the street corner.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 05:42:11 pm »
I would not trust information from erowid.  It's basically what most drug users point to for the "unbiased" (positive/negative) information.  I imagine if you read on crack you'll get an equal number of "positives" to negatives.

You can trust Erowid, it is ran by a comapany full time, and thier facts are well documented.
Well documented by an organization does not necessarilly make it true.  Take the Bible, for example.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 05:47:10 pm »

Totally wrong. Erowid is ran by a comapany full time, and thier facts are well documented.

About Erowid

Erowid is a member-supported organization [.....]

If that's a company, then x86 is a company. 
x86 isn't a registerd non profit company supported by donations, althought I bet you wish it was.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 06:28:17 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_mushroom#Effects

Lots of interesting info.......

ESPECIALLY THIS!
In the United States, possession of psilocybin-containing mushrooms is illegal because they contain the Schedule I drugs psilocin and psilocybin. Spores, however, which do not contain psychoactive chemicals, are only explicitly illegal in California, Idaho, and Georgia. In the state of Florida, fresh or unprepared psilocybin mushrooms that grow wild are legal to possess.

In all states, except possibly New Mexico, growing psilocybin-containing mushrooms from spores is considered manufacture of a controlled substance. In New Mexico, on June 15, 2005, the New Mexico appeals court ruled that growing psilocybin mushrooms for personal use is not manufacture of a controlled substance[READ!].

That's interesting...you can grow them but not use them, hmm.......probably cant even posess them
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 06:44:20 pm by CrAz3D »

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 06:34:13 pm »
x86 isn't a registerd non profit company supported by donations, althought I bet you wish it was.
That's because iago is Canadian and he doesn't trust me with money.  And I don't want to pay the hundreds of dollars required for an NPO registration.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 08:27:09 pm »
You can trust Erowid, it is ran by a comapany full time, and thier facts are well documented.

Prove that they're well documented.  I don't really care if the company is run full time.  The government is run full time and politics are nothing more than glorified lies.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 10:20:46 pm »

Prove that they're well documented.  I don't really care if the company is run full time.  The government is run full time and politics are nothing more than glorified lies.
I'm not a scapegoat for the site, you'll have to compare facts with erowid.org to other sites yourself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 10:48:13 pm »
I'm not a scapegoat for the site, you'll have to compare facts with erowid.org to other sites yourself.

Then why are you claiming the information is documented?

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 10:52:31 pm »

Then why are you claiming the information is documented?
I've read enough material about drug chemicals and compared facts enough to know, and since you have not you just don't know yet. I believe, if you don't,  the Burden of Proof is yours.

Incedentally erowid has alot of traffic and attention, it's not considerd an obscure source by any means.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 10:54:51 pm by GameSnake »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 10:53:40 pm »
I've read enough material about drug chemicals and compared facts enough to know, and since you have not you just don't know yet. I believe, if you don't,  the Burden of Proof is yours.

You've given me nothing except work to rid myself of skepticsm.  Clearly you lose.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006, 10:55:14 pm »

You've given me nothing except work to rid myself of skepticsm.  Clearly you lose.
This isn't a game. If it is, I give up.

Fuck erowid, it sucks, don't believe anything on the website, there do you feel better? I could not care less what you think about the website.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 10:59:14 pm by GameSnake »

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 11:48:52 pm »
The government is run full time and politics are nothing more than glorified lies.
LIES! BLASPHEMY! DECEIT! BUSH WOULD NEVER LIE!!!
errr... something like that...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2006, 11:51:39 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_mushroom#Effects

Lots of interesting info.......

ESPECIALLY THIS!
In the United States, possession of psilocybin-containing mushrooms is illegal because they contain the Schedule I drugs psilocin and psilocybin. Spores, however, which do not contain psychoactive chemicals, are only explicitly illegal in California, Idaho, and Georgia. In the state of Florida, fresh or unprepared psilocybin mushrooms that grow wild are legal to possess.

In all states, except possibly New Mexico, growing psilocybin-containing mushrooms from spores is considered manufacture of a controlled substance. In New Mexico, on June 15, 2005, the New Mexico appeals court ruled that growing psilocybin mushrooms for personal use is not manufacture of a controlled substance[READ!].

That's interesting...you can grow them but not use them, hmm.......probably cant even posess them
Do you guys think it is legal in anyway to posess the shrooms?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2006, 12:40:35 am »
LIES! BLASPHEMY! DECEIT! BUSH WOULD NEVER LIE!!!

HAHAHAHA I LOVE YOU.