Author Topic: Burning Split+Rar'd ISO to DVD  (Read 4487 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Burning Split+Rar'd ISO to DVD
« on: July 07, 2006, 03:51:06 pm »
Okay, so I've got this ISO, but it's split into 19 parts, and each part is rar'd.  When I open the any of the rars, the ISO part inside is small (49mb, IIRC).  When I unrar it, each part inflates to the size of the whole ISO, and joining them just makes a rediculously huge ISO (30gb before I stopped and deleted it).  I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to burn it -.-

PS: Windows XP

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Split+Rar'd ISO to DVD
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 03:53:23 pm »
Check your calculations... 19 parts x 49 mb != 30 gb :\
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 03:55:38 pm »
When I unrar, each part is inflated to the full size of the ISO.  Each part rar'd is 49mb.  The inflation is "this file's total size is bigger than what is in me [the rar]...filling with nulls".

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 04:28:17 pm »
When I unrar, each part is inflated to the full size of the ISO.  Each part rar'd is 49mb.  The inflation is "this file's total size is bigger than what is in me [the rar]...filling with nulls".
Yes... but if you able to compress a fullsized iso in 49 mb... you're a god.  When you extract the first one it should continue on to the rest and repiece the whole file.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 04:47:44 pm »
Yes... but if you able to compress a fullsized iso in 49 mb... you're a god.  When you extract the first one it should continue on to the rest and repiece the whole file.
I can do it.  There wouldn't be much data, though.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 05:06:06 pm »
The rar format is pretty smart. Normally in a split rar, the decompressing software will automatically load the subsequent pieces and will output the compressed files in its joined form.  Unless something is wrong, unraring one part is really unraring + joining all of the individual parts.  The software just does it behind the scenes.  Are you sure the iso that is deflated from unraring one of the split pieces is not in fact the entire iso?

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 05:52:57 pm »
I dunno.  It's 19 rar files, I assumed it'd be 19 ISO files too, and I'm not going to load a 3gb file in a hex editor to check out nulls.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 07:29:56 pm »
Delete what you have except the rar files.
Extract the first rar file. It should go on to the next and piece them by itself.
Check the file size of the iso it extracted. It should be enough to fill a CD since XP isn't that big.
Burn it.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 07:36:12 pm »
The rar format is pretty smart. Normally in a split rar, the decompressing software will automatically load the subsequent pieces and will output the compressed files in its joined form.  Unless something is wrong, unraring one part is really unraring + joining all of the individual parts.  The software just does it behind the scenes.  Are you sure the iso that is deflated from unraring one of the split pieces is not in fact the entire iso?
Win. Just open any one of the pieces and extract it, it will do the rest.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 09:08:33 pm »
Delete what you have except the rar files.
Extract the first rar file. It should go on to the next and piece them by itself.
Check the file size of the iso it extracted. It should be enough to fill a CD since XP isn't that big.
Burn it.
I'm using Windows XP, not burning it.

Anyway, yeah, I was being stupid.  It never said it was also extracting other parts, so I assumed it wasn't.  I'm playing it now :)

(PS: It was Soul Calibur 3 for PS2)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 09:40:52 pm »
Out of curiocity, how did you burn the bad byte to make it run on a PS2?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 07:32:33 am »
I didn't.  I have a special tool.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2006, 12:35:06 pm »
I dunno.  It's 19 rar files, I assumed it'd be 19 ISO files too, and I'm not going to load a 3gb file in a hex editor to check out nulls.

If there are .r00, .r01, .r02 files, etc., unrar the first one.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2006, 01:03:37 pm »

If there are .r00, .r01, .r02 files, etc., unrar the first one.

Shouldn't matter which one you choose, winrar starts with the first one regardless (assuming it exists).