Author Topic: FINA-FUCKING-LLY!!!  (Read 6406 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: FINA-FUCKING-LLY!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 12:36:51 am »
That doesn't mean they don't suck.  :)

You've obviously never seen a well geared Retribution Paladin. :P

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 02:29:56 am »

You've obviously never seen a well geared Retribution Paladin. :P

I hold my opinion just to piss off Metal, thanks.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2006, 03:19:55 am »
Sidoh, I'll kick your ass, unless you stunlock me, in which case I'll get pissed and never duel you again. I generally don't duel rogues because they think that stunlocking is fair, where they could deal 1dps and still beat you. That's just bullshit. No class should have stunlock.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2006, 03:34:52 am »
Sidoh, I'll kick your ass, unless you stunlock me, in which case I'll get pissed and never duel you again. I generally don't duel rogues because they think that stunlocking is fair, where they could deal 1dps and still beat you. That's just bullshit. No class should have stunlock.

You clearly suck at dueling.

If you don't want me to use stunlock, I don't want you to use fear or death coil.  Don't be an idiot.

Offline TeHFoOoL

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2006, 04:01:06 am »

Yeah and I'll bring my priest in without shadowform or heals.

Can't fool a FoOoL

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2006, 07:34:20 pm »
Vanish finally removes Vanish?
Hunters Mark/Mind Vision*

Backstab and Sinister Strike are the main damage abilities.  They're obviously determined by your weapon strength, so I don't understand why you're bitching.

Yes, but we have a finisher for a reason, now lets say you're fighting a warrior with 6k armor, he's in full tier 3, you're in full tier 3.
Your SS' hit for about 300 crit, 70 non-crit. All you can really do is kite the warrior around and restealth when possible. If he does get to hit you, chances are it'll be a three shot. You're not going to Rupture because it's a terrible finisher, and is a dot so it just breaks your gouge. Eviscerate is really the only finisher you'll use pvp, and if I remember correctly, that's what your rogue is for, however your ever so amazing Eviscerate and its static damage is going to maybe crit for 800. Which is not a lot.

I'm not saying rogues are unplayable, I can kill people, but we more then any other class need a revamp.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2006, 09:58:59 pm »
Yes, but we have a finisher for a reason, now lets say you're fighting a warrior with 6k armor, he's in full tier 3, you're in full tier 3.
Your SS' hit for about 300 crit, 70 non-crit. All you can really do is kite the warrior around and restealth when possible. If he does get to hit you, chances are it'll be a three shot. You're not going to Rupture because it's a terrible finisher, and is a dot so it just breaks your gouge. Eviscerate is really the only finisher you'll use pvp, and if I remember correctly, that's what your rogue is for, however your ever so amazing Eviscerate and its static damage is going to maybe crit for 800. Which is not a lot.

When I'm fighting a Warrior, I always throw expose armor on him (which is, by the way, an extremely viable pvp finishing move...), sinister strike, kidney shot, sinister strike, maybe eviscerate, maybe slice & dice, depending on the situation.  If the only finishing move you use in pvp is eviscerate, you're doing something wrong. :p

I'm not saying rogues are unplayable, I can kill people, but we more then any other class need a revamp.

*shrug* probably, but you cry about it too much, in my opinion. :P

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2006, 11:46:36 pm »

When I'm fighting a Warrior, I always throw expose armor on him (which is, by the way, an extremely viable pvp finishing move...), sinister strike, kidney shot, sinister strike, maybe eviscerate, maybe slice & dice, depending on the situation.  If the only finishing move you use in pvp is eviscerate, you're doing something wrong. :p

*shrug* probably, but you cry about it too much, in my opinion. :P

See, that's where being swords is a lot better, you can dish out a lot more CP's then me a lot faster. Yes, I do complain a lot about it, but, a lot of rogues do. I'm not sure how progressive your server is gear/skill wise, but the people who pvp here are amazingly skilled, and most have had past GM/HWL's. Although, now that I've gotten my Perdition's Blade, and I'm fairly sure people are going to run the other direction when they see me stealth 30 yards ahead.