Poll

Is stunlock fair?

Yes
5 (83.3%)
No
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Stunlock  (Read 7702 times)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
Re: Stunlock
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 04:08:52 am »
Listen up, when you duel a rogue.... they stand no chance at 1v1. I normally have out felhutner for extra stealth detection, and detect invis on. Anyways, press tab and deathcoil rapidly, put your fear on him, dot him up, and put amplified Curse of Exaustion on him. That wasy when he breaks fear he is walking to you, unless he uses sprint, then just refear :P Basically, keep him at range and you own.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 07:22:09 am »
Listen up, when you duel a rogue.... they stand no chance at 1v1. I normally have out felhutner for extra stealth detection, and detect invis on. Anyways, press tab and deathcoil rapidly, put your fear on him, dot him up, and put amplified Curse of Exaustion on him. That wasy when he breaks fear he is walking to you, unless he uses sprint, then just refear :P Basically, keep him at range and you own.
Sprint doesn't help when something's impairing our movement, we don't speed up at all. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Also, detect invisibility doesn't help see us, just the felhunter, may save you some mana.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 07:29:32 am »
That's asuming you have Destructive Reach, Towelie, or they'll run outside of your attack range.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 10:55:50 am »

Nah, they still stand a chance.  You still need to duel a good rogue. :p

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 11:21:07 am »

Nah, they still stand a chance.  You still need to duel a good rogue. :p
wtf are you saying. If you duel anybody who is good at a certain class... they will probably own you. But, the only class I have never lost to is a mage (1v1 of course). I have gotten close sometimes.... one time I actually ate a healthstone :-o. But they still never beat me

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 02:38:27 pm »
wtf are you saying. If you duel anybody who is good at a certain class... they will probably own you. But, the only class I have never lost to is a mage (1v1 of course). I have gotten close sometimes.... one time I actually ate a healthstone :-o. But they still never beat me

Try a good shadow priest.

Also, it isn't inevitable that you get the first hit.  A Rogue that is decent at stunlocking will get you down a lot further than you're anticipating.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 02:40:40 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 05:04:48 pm »
This is how I duel a rogue on my Paladin:
Before the duel, I make sure I'm using a shield and retribution aura. They stealth at the beginning of the duel so they can cheap shot me, so I make estimations of we're their walking, and we're they're at, and I cast rank 1 Cosecration and pray they walk into it. I repeat this until either they've suceeded at cheap shotting me, or until I've suceeded if seeing them. After that, I stun them for 6 seconds with my Hammer of Justice, do all the burst DPS I can, drop Judgement of Light on them. I always try my best to out heal their DPS and still do damage to them at the same time. Usually when I go to heal myself and I believe their kick is up, I cast the first second of my heal, the cancel it. I watch them, and if I see an attempted kick, or if a few seconds pass, I cast a large heal on myself (of course, I will cleanse any cast-slowing poisons that may have been put on me). I try my best to win the duel without bubbling, but occasionally I have to, like when I find the rogue that stun locks me for the entire time of the duel, and takes me down to 10%. I also have my own little strategy that I've been thinking up for the past couple days. I almost always beat rogues in duels, but occasionally I'll lose.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2006, 06:37:02 pm »
This is how I duel a rogue on my Paladin:

If you have your cooldowns (bubbles), beating any class on a Paladin (except perhaps one that has the longivity to outlast your mana pool or one that can drain your mana: warlock/priest/huntard) is ezmode. :)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 04:35:01 pm »
You must've missed it in my post above, I rarely bubble in duels. Anyways, Hunter's are the easiest class a Paladin can beat. We can cleanse off their little mana-drain debuff thing. Priests and Warlocks are the only 2 classes I've never really practiced against, but that's because I don't like them.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 11:50:24 pm »
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2006, 05:29:57 pm »
The only times I bubble is when I'm working on my strategy. You know the last 5 or so times I beat you I didn't bubble.