Author Topic: School Demands Access to Cell Phones  (Read 10584 times)

Offline Nate

• You all suck
    • View Profile
Re: School Demands Access to Cell Phones
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2006, 10:06:44 am »
I have gone to both public and private high school.  Never was searched at private school.  They brought the dogs in every other week at public school.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2006, 10:11:13 am »
Who here has actually attended both a private and public school and actually taken notice enough to be an authority on the differences between public and private school systems ;)  Not I!
Me.  And public school blew.  There were fights all the time.  A few times the loser had to be airlifted out to a hospital -.-

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006, 11:37:26 am »
Who here has actually attended both a private and public school and actually taken notice enough to be an authority on the differences between public and private school systems ;)  Not I!
Me.  And public school blew.  There were fights all the time.  A few times the loser had to be airlifted out to a hospital -.-
we had that happen once...we were all watching the helicopter, it was cool.  and considering that the kid that was in it was some punk gangster...I'd rather be amazed about the helicopter than care about the punk in it.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2006, 12:47:25 pm »
Yeah, but shit like that doesn't happen in my school (only public high school in the town, around 2500 kids in school), which is why this is rediculous. There are like two fights a year, if you can call them that. It's always just two black girls slapping each other. We don't have bullying to any noticeable extent, we don't have problems with people doing drugs at school or selling drugs at school. We don't have problems with crime in our school at all yet this new dude acts like we're an inner city school in the bronx or something.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2006, 03:57:40 pm »
We have six security guards per floor, around 3 floors per building and around 5 buildings. Fights usually happen outside, rarely in the hallways and are mostly gang related/drug related. A few exceptions such as fights over girlfriends occur but really most fights end up in a small drug bust as well. I'd say as much as I hate my school they do a good job taking care of fights, one day we had six simultaenous fights after lunch it was crazy but they handled it professionally and swiftly.

Personally, if I fight on school grounds I'd do it in the gym fields where there is nothing that can become a weapon and grass doesnt hurt much if you're slammed into it.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2006, 04:14:09 pm »
no, you can waive anything & everything I believe.  There was the one dude that went on fear factor & almost died...he couldnt sue even if he did die because he sign a waiver.
I actually would have thought the reason he couldn't sue if he died would be because he was dead.  His family would not have been able to sue if he had signed that waiver, though.

I have gone to both public and private high school.  Never was searched at private school.  They brought the dogs in every other week at public school.

Think of the dogs as an animal show.  Now, did you ever have animal shows at your private school?

@Hitmen: Only about two fights a year in a 2500 kid school.  That's amazing.  My school had less than 200, and we had more fights than that.

It's really sad what condition my school managed to degrade into.  At first, my school didn't do anything with the K-9 drug dog.  Then, in my junior year, they started with all the drug busts.  It's really pathetic how little the lower classmen (this is just my school) cared about the law and what they had learned. 
errr... something like that...

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2006, 04:18:42 pm »
no, you can waive anything & everything I believe.  There was the one dude that went on fear factor & almost died...he couldnt sue even if he did die because he sign a waiver.

Insurance/Responsibility waivers are one thing (it was still his choice), but I don't think you can sign yourself into slavery.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2006, 04:32:11 pm »
Insurance/Responsibility waivers are one thing (it was still his choice), but I don't think you can sign yourself into slavery.
I doubt it because that's illegal.
errr... something like that...

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2006, 05:09:54 pm »
I doubt it because that's illegal.
Thats my point...

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2006, 09:14:06 pm »
Personally, if I fight on school grounds I'd do it in the gym fields where there is nothing that can become a weapon and grass doesnt hurt much if you're slammed into it.
It's not the shit around you gotta worry about, it's the butterfly in the sewn in pocket of their pants that should be your main concern :X

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2006, 10:25:18 pm »

slavery is a forced thing, you dont volunteer for slavery.

if you DID sign yourself over to work for however many years...you have to work for however many years unless you break the contract

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2006, 10:39:10 pm »
That's being an indentured servant, not a slave.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2006, 01:09:56 am »
That's being an indentured servant, not a slave.
yeah...
you cant sign yourself into slavery, at all, period.