Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Work
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2006, 10:09:40 am »
Totally off topic, split if you want: But speaking of kegs... Have you ever been to The Keg? OMFG IT'S AWESOME. My dad had a filet mignon blue rare... it was like a slice of heaven.
Yes, a few times.  However, you have to go there expecting to spend $60 - $100/person, if you want to do it right, so it's a little costly. 

No, my boss is too smart to outsource.  We work quite closely with our customers, which is one of the keys to good software output.  When you outsource a project, you rarely get exactly what you want. 

I was talking about CrAz3D -.-
Somebody has to learn to quote.... :P

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2006, 11:23:10 am »
No, my boss is too smart to outsource.  We work quite closely with our customers, which is one of the keys to good software output.  When you outsource a project, you rarely get exactly what you want. 

I was talking about CrAz3D -.-
You cant outsource lawyers...well you could, but it'd be REALLY obnoxious.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2006, 01:58:54 pm »
Yes, a few times.  However, you have to go there expecting to spend $60 - $100/person, if you want to do it right, so it's a little costly. 

Over here the most expensive steak there is about $30.  I don't imagine it's that much more expensive in Winnipeg, so what do you mean by "if you want to do it right"? :P

As far as my experiences go, Hy's is the best steakhouse in the world.  You should try it if it's in your town, although they are fairly exclusive and rare in comparison to The Keg.

Edit: iago may be able to get to one  :D
Hy's Steak House Winnipeg
One Lombard Place, Main Floor Richardson Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0X3
Ph: (204) 942-1000 Fax: (204) 947-3588
General Manager: John McMillan
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 02:00:58 pm by Rule »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 02:25:47 pm »

Over here the most expensive steak there is about $30.  I don't imagine it's that much more expensive in Winnipeg, so what do you mean by "if you want to do it right"? :P
There's also the appetizer, most people like to have wine (I don't, so subtract that), dessert, and tip.  You can't go to the Keg looking for a cheap meal, it's more fun if you go looking for an expensive one.  But that's just me. :)

As far as my experiences go, Hy's is the best steakhouse in the world.  You should try it if it's in your town, although they are fairly exclusive and rare in comparison to The Keg.

Edit: iago may be able to get to one  :D
Hy's Steak House Winnipeg
One Lombard Place, Main Floor Richardson Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0X3
Ph: (204) 942-1000 Fax: (204) 947-3588
General Manager: John McMillan
Hmm, I've walked through that building before (it's part of an underground complex downtown), but I've never seen that place before.  Sounds good, though!  :)

And for anybody who cares about useless trivia, the Richardson Building is the tallest building in Winnipeg.  Not that anybody cares, though (it's the building on the  top-right (north-east) side of the intersection of Portage&Main, pictured in that map) :)