Author Topic: Microsoft Zune vs Apple iPod  (Read 6010 times)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Microsoft Zune vs Apple iPod
« on: July 22, 2006, 04:17:41 pm »
Microsoft announced that its MP3 player would be named Zune

Sounds like the gayest name ever, but then.. it's a Microsoft name!
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Zune vs Apple iPod
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 04:19:10 pm »
Yea because anything prefixed with 'i' is automatically cool. Atleast contribute something to the discussion you're starting.

Now, I personally think Microsoft needs to stop this kind of stuff. They're trying to enter too many markets too quickly withought anything substatial to back them. Atleast wait until they have a popular MP3 player out or can offer something like Non-DRM or cheaper downloads or something.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 04:20:56 pm »
Yea because anything prefixed with 'i' is automatically cool. Atleast contribute something to the discussion you're starting.
I never said I liked the name 'iPod' either, now did I?  If you're going to assume things, at least assume things properly.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 04:29:18 pm »
I never said I liked the name 'iPod' either, now did I?  If you're going to assume things, at least assume things properly.

But you didn't say anything about it, now did you?

Point is: You're not contributing anything that can even be discussed. You're just linking an article and posting no feedback on it.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 04:37:13 pm »
Heh. I think they have the ability to dominate this market. While the iPod may hold a huge share of the portable media market, if you look how quickly and easily they came to dominate the browser market (Netscape was annihilated, and now Mozilla is trying to take back the market IE stole from them) and game console market, with some proper timing (releasing in October = good), vendor lock-in (:)), and the proper features and advertisements, they can easily take a large foothold.

Your average user is going to feel more comfortable just buying a Zune versus buying an iPod and installing iTunes, especially if the price is right.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 04:59:25 pm »
I agree with what you say due to what MS has done in the past but you can't help but think some Microsoft-y stupid feature will fuck it over.

Unless they make it an extension to WMP11 and bundle it with Vista.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 05:31:07 pm »
I agree with what you say due to what MS has done in the past but you can't help but think some Microsoft-y stupid feature will fuck it over.

What do you mean, "make it an extension"?  My iRiver music player (note that iRiver existed before iPod) works with WMP.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 05:46:45 pm »

A Microsoft feature fucking something up? You must be insane! :p

I don't think they could add in a feature that would fuck over Zune. The only possible downfalls to it are poor design physically, and codec support being all Windows media codecs and nothing more.

But they've seen how that works on the iPod. Let's see if they can learn and improve. ;)
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 08:21:38 pm »

What do you mean, "make it an extension"?  My iRiver music player (note that iRiver existed before iPod) works with WMP.

Well I assume this will be able to buy music and interact directly with the player as in add songs directly to it, etc..

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 10:59:39 pm »
http://news.com.com/2061-10799_3-6104450.html?part=rss&tag=6104450&subj=news
Zune will cost $299 and come in three colors, with a 30gb hard drive.  It will access files via WiFi.
What if I don't want WiFi?

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 12:50:07 am »
Why the fuck would you not want WiFi? You can connect to your network and download music directly into it, and you can trade music via ad-hoc networks.

And it's about the same price as an iPod. WiFi is a definite plus.
- Newby

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 12:58:38 am »
http://news.com.com/2061-10799_3-6104450.html?part=rss&tag=6104450&subj=news
Zune will cost $299 and come in three colors, with a 30gb hard drive.  It will access files via WiFi.
What if I don't want WiFi?
Then you wouldn't buy the product?
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 01:52:47 am »
Meh..... I just hope it isn't ugly.  Microsoft has been known to make pretty bulky and ugly products.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 02:19:10 am »
With the design on the XBox 360, and Vista, I have faith in them.
- Newby

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 10:07:38 am »
Why the fuck would you not want WiFi? You can connect to your network and download music directly into it, and you can trade music via ad-hoc networks.

And it's about the same price as an iPod. WiFi is a definite plus.
Wired is faster than WiFi, indefinitely.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed