Author Topic: Backpacking adventure! YAY  (Read 3092 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Backpacking adventure! YAY
« on: July 23, 2006, 05:37:13 pm »
150miles there, 3 hour drive.

We hike down the 1.25 miles to the river & start to follow the river.  We get to a place where it looks like the trail ends & should cross the river.  We cross & I get back on the bank & say "Hey, lets stay on the trail so we don't miss it"...Somone else said "Lets stay in the river, its nice" & everyone agreed.
So we go down river for 30 minutes, Toni (a friend) fell twice & I fell once.  After I fell I was thought "screw this, I'm getting outta the river, I bet we already passed it"  So we all get out (Toni complaining) & I have people just leave their junk there while Ted & I go check back up the river a bit for the campground we're lookin for.  5 minute walk... found it.
We setup camp & get ready to go swimming.  We head out to the river & look up stream & guess what...we are EXACTLY where I got on the bank & wanted to stay on the trail.  Yay, Tyler was right, but everyone else wanted to go get hurt in the water...cool.
Swimming was intense!  Found a good hole where it was shoulder deep.

That night Dan & I went down to the river to get water to put out our fire...as we were headed back his sister (Tracy) yelled be careful, there is a rattle snake.  We come back & decide to kill it.  Tracy is all sappy saying "let it live, it was here first" yada yada(crazy liberals)...we kill it.  I figure if we're trying to protect nature we SHOULD kill it, it only makes sense.  Survival of the fittest...if we don't kill it we're surrendering & might be attacked later on (it was 4 feet from our tent that I was going to sleep in)

Pretty good times over all!

Yay for killing a rattle snake!

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
Re: Backpacking adventure! YAY
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 07:10:00 pm »
Was the battle between the snake and you intense?
errr... something like that...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 08:52:09 pm »
Was the battle between the snake and you intense?
Not really.  Threw a large rock that broke it's back...threw a few more & finally got it's head pretty well of with a sharp rock.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 09:55:59 pm »
Survival of the fittest...if we don't kill it we're surrendering & might be attacked later on (it was 4 feet from our tent that I was going to sleep in)
All you needed to do was curl up into the fetal position.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 10:23:53 pm »
Survival of the fittest...if we don't kill it we're surrendering & might be attacked later on (it was 4 feet from our tent that I was going to sleep in)
in the tent?...

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 10:33:57 pm »
in the tent?...

...have you ever seen Without a Paddle?
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 10:46:47 pm »
in the tent?...

...have you ever seen Without a Paddle?
Have never heard of it...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 10:53:04 pm »
How about... Brokeback Mountain

that is a mountain, right?  You hiked up there with a bunch of guys? ... hmm... ¬_¬

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 11:27:31 pm »
How about... Brokeback Mountain

that is a mountain, right?  You hiked up there with a bunch of guys? ... hmm... ¬_¬
::)

there were 2 chicks as well.  we all went swimming, chilled around camp, built a fire in the fireplace that is from 1920s or older for the aluminum mine up there...pretty cool lookin

It was so beautiful though, once my friend puts up her pictures I'll post those...she has alot of pictures of scenery...I've never been one for taking pictures...ESPECIALLY when I have to carry something extra to do it with.

...I need to figure out what I took & not take it next time...I somehow managed to have the heaviest pack.
Brandon ended up carrying his & Toni's pack up the trail (a good mile or so up the steep trail)...THAT is crazy.  ~60 lbs, not bad, but with 2 packs all awkward, dang.