Author Topic: For all you Motorola phone owners..  (Read 3695 times)

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
Re: For all you Motorola phone owners..
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 09:11:31 pm »
First of all, by craze I meant everyone having them and seeming to be attached to them at all times.

I have no doubt they are useful and convenient, but why do most people seem to have it permanently attached to their ears? Put the cell phone down when you are at home or driving a vehicle. For example, even when my sister is in the house (which has a phone line), she's on her cell phone.  All her friends know the phone number for the house, so there really is no reason to be using that cell phone which costs more than a standard phone, I think. 

I have a cell phone my dad gave me; it's one of the big bag ones.  I leave it in my car and use it for emergencies only, which is the only reason I need one.  If I wanted to talk to anyone that badly, I'd call him/her when I got home or from a payphone.
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: For all you Motorola phone owners..
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 10:24:09 pm »
First of all, by craze I meant everyone having them and seeming to be attached to them at all times.

I have no doubt they are useful and convenient, but why do most people seem to have it permanently attached to their ears? Put the cell phone down when you are at home or driving a vehicle. For example, even when my sister is in the house (which has a phone line), she's on her cell phone.  All her friends know the phone number for the house, so there really is no reason to be using that cell phone which costs more than a standard phone, I think. 

I have a cell phone my dad gave me; it's one of the big bag ones.  I leave it in my car and use it for emergencies only, which is the only reason I need one.  If I wanted to talk to anyone that badly, I'd call him/her when I got home or from a payphone.

Isn't the answer deductively obvious?  They don't realize the potential danger they're subjecting themselves and their surrounding peers to, or they value immediate entertainment over ridding themselves of the higher possibility of disaster.