Author Topic: Login Scripts not Running  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Login Scripts not Running
« on: July 30, 2006, 01:37:28 pm »
Since we don't have a general discussion board for Windows products, I guess I'll post it here.  Perhaps we should make one? :)

Anyway, I've installed VMWare on my server so I could install Server 2003.  After about two days of sorting through stupid errors (I had to disable memory page trimming), I got it installed and working great.  I know how to use Active Directory fairly well, but I'm still having some issues getting login scripts to run.

I joined my computer to the newly created domain, logged in using the user I'd created (and specified the login script, not including the path since it's presumed to be \\domain\SysVol\domain\scripts), but login scripts won't run!  I even put my user into a new OU and blocked policy inheritance to make sure that wasn't the cause.  I checked the event viewer (I even cleared it to make sure I wasn't missing anything), but I didn't see anything that looked useful.  I also added "Domain Users" to the NETLOGON (\\domain\SysVol) share and gave them full rights, enabled replacing permissions and disabled inheritance.

Here are some screenshots:

Any ideas?

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Login Scripts not Running
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 02:24:20 pm »
Uh..I see you're connecting to mindkiller and set the login to mappings.bat to something on deepthought...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Login Scripts not Running
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 02:58:08 pm »
Uh..I see you're connecting to mindkiller and set the login to mappings.bat to something on deepthought...

No, that's the home directory.  That part works fine.  Login scripts is under "User profile" -> "Logon script".

mindkiller is the domain.  deepthought is my linux server, trinity is 2003 running on a vm on top of deepthought.