Author Topic: It appears to be that I am BACK!  (Read 3365 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
It appears to be that I am BACK!
« on: August 06, 2006, 02:51:00 pm »
uhm, it was an awesome trip.

Saturday morning, though, I woke up with a cold :(.  At least that was the day we left.

It was pretty awesome (I'll post pics once they're online).  Very cool place to go right now.  Its an old fishing community that is in the midst of becoming a giant tourist city.  Its weird, half built buildings everywhere on the side of town we stayed in...7-8 new hotels going up all at once on the other side of the city.  EVERYONE I ran into there spoke english which is better than I can say for people in my town...which is SO backwards.  Super nice local people, way cool.

We met these 2 dudes on wednesday & one of them (the other was gay) tried picking up our girls that were with us...all week he tried this.  He was a very cool dude though.  Ends up being that he is some millionaire college drop out.  Took a chance 5 years ago & got lucky, now owns some resort company (or at least works high up in it) with 42 employees.  Honestly, the dude (over the week) dropped $300 on trying to pick up the girls (drinks, clubs, etc)...even bought us (the guys) drink & recommended a good strip club when we mentioned we were going to the very pricy one. 
LOL:one night we were all swimming in our pool & the GM of the hotel kick the dude (Ryan) out...this was wednesday.  Friday night he walked Tracy back to our hotel & the GM ended up calling the police because he was pissed at Ryan (I guess Ryan complained to the GM's boss...Ryan supposedly knows the hotel owner well).  Quite amusing.

All in all, awesomely fun.  Drank legally...never got smashed so it was good, visited all the good stuff to do there.  Only regret is going tues-sat...if you go during the dead months go on the weekends.  Each night was decently slow at the clubs, except friday night...that was intense & fun.  My shy self ended up actually talking to people.  Ryan gave a niftly little "pep talk" kinda thing re: picking up girls/life...its all just a goal, if you want it take it.  If you dont take the risk there will always be someone else there to take it instead...and never think there is any reason you can't get it (which was weird hearing because I knew that's what he was doing with our friend [who has a boyfriend]...but whatever, he was cool).

View from our hotel
the hotel (Baja Hotel)
Bottom floor of 1 wing of hotel we WERE going to stay at
Same floor

Our original hotel reserved the rooms on a credit card, they never charged it though...so when we got there & their CC machine was broken we had to find a new place to stay.  Baja was closer to the ocean & Manny's Beach Club (the only club with stuff really happening during the off season.  It was right on the beach too!) & $15/night cheaper!  Worked out nicely since we were quoted wrong on the van & ended up payin glike $200 something more than we thought we were going to.

Rest of the photos:
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/CrAz3DxL/Mexico/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 02:57:23 pm by CrAz3D »

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: It appears to be that I am BACK!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 02:59:19 pm »
We met these 2 dudes on wednesday & one of them (the other was gay) tried picking up our girls that were with us...all week he tried this.  He was a very cool dude though.  Ends up being that he is some millionaire college drop out.  Took a chance 5 years ago & got lucky, now owns some resort company (or at least works high up in it) with 42 employees. 

His story sounds like bullshit to me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 03:01:56 pm »

Aaahh... the perceptive Rule strikes again!  Haha, yeah... I'd be very skeptical of his claims as well.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 03:13:43 pm »
We met these 2 dudes on wednesday & one of them (the other was gay) tried picking up our girls that were with us...all week he tried this.  He was a very cool dude though.  Ends up being that he is some millionaire college drop out.  Took a chance 5 years ago & got lucky, now owns some resort company (or at least works high up in it) with 42 employees. 

Honestly, that's what we ALL thought until we saw his company related stuff  (car & cards).
looked him up via myspace, he says he is with the company that he told us, which is actually a resort company.  everything he told us seems legit now...pretty crazy.  he knew the bartenders where ever we went.  he dropped good amounts of money.  saw him driving 2 different cars.  his personal history (being from canada, moving here, etc) matches what his myspace says.
SO...I figure either this dude is a VERY clean liar, or its true.  I can understand it being true, also.

the place we went was in the middle of HUGE economic change, and if he got in on the ground floor of that...nice.  People have done it before, guess this guy can too.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 03:30:09 pm »
It's still unbelievable.  I wouldn't rely too much on his own myspace to verify his story.  For example, doesn't it seem odd he would specify the exact number of employees in the company if there were more than about 30?  Also wouldn't he make the distinction between being CEO and just "high up in the company"?  Further, the whole "getting lucky 5 years ago" isn't consistent with the rest of his story if he has risen to a high position in a resort company (something that usually takes a lot of time and wouldn't be associated with an immediate or isolated strike of luck).  Finally, you said he just met you (fairly randomly), and pursued the girls you were with for a whole week.  There are a few problems with that; first of all, if he is in such a good position, surely he wouldn't be so desperate.  More importantly, if he is so vital at work, what is he doing wasting his time with strangers?  Doesn't he have work to do?  I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same thing every week with a new group of tourists.

My guess is that he has rich parents, possibly in the drug or arms trade.  At best, his parents own a resort company and gave him a decent job there.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 03:32:35 pm by Rule »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 03:35:16 pm »
i dont know, it all seems quite legit ... i cant explain it differently.  oh well.  he was still pretty cool
very good with his motivational speaking though

anyway, it sure would suck to live in rocky point...but its a very cool place to visit, especially now...seeing the developement of the tourism and the falling of the actual local culture...its weird.