Author Topic: 40 reasons to support gun control  (Read 5514 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: 40 reasons to support gun control
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2006, 01:41:41 pm »
If a person knowingly leaves the scene of an accident they are criminals.  They caused an accident, ok it was an accident, but when the aggrivate the circumstances they become enemies of society

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2006, 01:42:46 pm »
But you're both making the same assumption -- that somebody who leaves the scene is more likely to injure somebody else.  Assuming no external influences (as I said in my first post) like drinking, then the person isn't any more likely to injure another. 

Sure they are.  Whether it's intentional or not, they've ignored their responsibilities.  It doesn't matter if hurting someone is accidental... it's that person's responsibility to see that the proper steps are taken in their recovery (calling 911, etc).  If they ignore said responsibilities, I'd say it's definitely more probable that they'll hurt someone else.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 02:27:53 pm »
But you're both making the same assumption -- that somebody who leaves the scene is more likely to injure somebody else.  Assuming no external influences (as I said in my first post) like drinking, then the person isn't any more likely to injure another. 
But you're making the assumption that there aren't external influences.  There are higher correlations of external influences, e.g., drinking, with the likelihood of leaving an accident scene.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.