Author Topic: Thurrot chews out Apple  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
Thurrot chews out Apple
« on: August 09, 2006, 07:38:50 pm »
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Thurrot chews out Apple
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 08:58:40 pm »
Great read. It is sad that they bashed Vista so much, and were barely able to get the crowd worked up for "features" in Leapord.

The "secret" features I doubt exist whatsoever. I'm guessing he said that to keep people's hopes up. Sadly, they're going to be disappointed.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 12:07:05 pm »
I liked when he said Apple was competition..if you count having 2% market share as competition.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 12:07:49 am »
Thurrot is countered on another blog.

I think the blog writer took those attacks personally, and some of his attacks are weak. Thurrot never said Microsoft originated the idea of what Time Machine does. But he attacks it like he did. :/
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 01:49:16 pm »
Thurrot probably won't to maintain professionalism but he should respond to that. It's really stupid. No one says they originated in Windows, apple however is claiming it to be an innovative feature to their OS yet criticize Microsoft for claiming innovative features they didnt completely originate either.

I don't personally have a problem, I mean if you rethink how the entire thing works completely then regardless of the CORE idea it is in my eyes innovation.

Thoughts?